Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD LT 2014 Flickering Issue

127 REPLIES 127
SOLVED
Message 1 of 128
NejmarkACAD
26256 Views, 127 Replies

AutoCAD LT 2014 Flickering Issue

My office recently received the update from 2013LT to 2014 LT, and after installing them, I'm noticing an issue that I don't understand.

If you go to the link below, you'll see a video of the problem.  Basically, when more than one drawing is open, as the user pans around or zooms in and out, the application status bar starts to go nuts, with the word "unrecognized" popping in and out, as well as a small symbol to its left.  Also, while all of this is happening, the colour in the layers bar at the top of the drawing flickers somewhat randomly.  So far, 5 of the 11 copies have had this issue, and 3 of those licenses haven't been used yet.

I'm experiencing this on multiple machines, across multiple platforms.  This includes Core I7's with 8 Gigs of DDR3 RAM and Radeon 6450's running windows 7, all the way to Core 2 Duo's running 64 bit XP with 4 gigs of DDR2 RAM.  

Please see video below:

http://youtu.be/NbaYawDl9Xo

Any help is greatly appreciated!

127 REPLIES 127
Message 21 of 128
braudpat
in reply to: NejmarkACAD

Hello From France

( Please remind that my native language is not US/English )

*** 1 ***

Please confirm that it's OK with JUST your PC disconnected ?

Anti-Virus is running and ALSO all "standard" Windows Services ??

*** 2 ***

And your Server is a Win Server 2003 or 2008 or 2012 maybe ???

*** 3 ***

If you reconnect your PC to Servers but with ALWAYS Using/Loading DWGs locally,

have you yet the problem ?

Bye, Pat

Patrice ( Supporting Troops ) - Autodesk Expert Elite
If you are happy with my answer please mark "Accept as Solution" and if very happy please give me a Kudos (Felicitations) - Thanks

Patrice BRAUD

EESignature

Message 22 of 128
NejmarkACAD
in reply to: braudpat

**1**
It works with JUST my PC disconnected. There is no anti-virus, and all "standard" windows services are running.

**2**
I don't know. I will ask my system administrator

**3**
I can't do this because our office uses files loaded off a server at all times.

I just tried this (disconnecting completely from the internet and office network) on another computer and it did not work. Only works for mine.
Message 23 of 128
yooperjeff

I'm having a similar issue on my machine.  Only one other user has installed 2014 and her machine seems to handle it fine, though our machines have the exact same specifications.

Drawings open and zoom/pan fine until you open a second drawing. The second drawing causes zooming/panning and switching to/between paper space tabs to be very slow.  The Layer Color flickers, and a button in the bottom right corner says "Unrecognized".  Next to this button appears to be a push pin.  Perhaps something to do with the new mapping feature?  

The first or second file doesn't have to be a large file

LT2013 does not have this problem (same files)

If you close the second drawing file, everything returns to it's normal speed.

Hardware accelleration on / off doesn't matter.

Location of the files does not matter (on Network or Local Disk)

Signing in/out of Autodesk 360 does not matter

Windows 7 Pro, SP1 x64

AutoCAD LT2014, using classic Workspace

Intel Xeon 2.33Ghz (8 core)

16 GB RAM

Nvidia Quadro 600, 1 GB DDR3

Graphics driver version 311.50 (I updated to 307.45 first - same issues)

The biggest change I can see for this release is the new Tabbed Drawings.  If whatever is going on is due to the new drawing tabs, can we turn them off?  They take up valuable screen real estate anyway - and I'd be happy to go to the 'Window' menu!

Message 24 of 128
yooperjeff
in reply to: yooperjeff

Here is a screen cap video of what I'm experiencing.  (Note the "Unrecognized" button in the lower right and the layer color swatch in the upper rightish corner)

http://www.screencast.com/t/bOKNeWxM7nR

Another thing:

Even with only one drawing file open, publishing is painfully slow.  It appears to open a second instance of the drawing which coupled with the previous problem, causes a rediculous amount of time to be wasted.

Here's a video of 5 pages publishing.  Approx. 3 minutes

http://www.screencast.com/t/GbEaoU3wr9

Message 25 of 128
pendean

Turn off Win7's Aero theme.
Then find out in a lot more detail what is different about your PC from the other one with no issues: software, hardware, background running apps, drivers, driver versions, software versions and so on.
I watched your first video and I have to say I was hard pressed to see anything truly unusual about typical AutoCAD behavior in Win7 in any version except for one brief instance.
Message 26 of 128
akimber

The video posted does not seem to display the same issues we are having. Whilst the unrecongnised only comes up once or twice during the use of the machine in the video ours flickers back and forth as if someone is holding down a key to make it toggle on and off repeatedly very quickly.

Message 27 of 128
yooperjeff

The first 30 seconds of the first video was me demonstrating that the program runs as expected with one file open.  It isn't until I open a second drawing where you see the "Unrecognized" come up flickering while zooming/panning and being very laggy.  The "Unrecognized" button flickers so fast that perhaps Jing wasn't able to capture all of the little blinks.

Probably the main difference between my machine and that of my coworker's is that mine acts as a server for one of our manufacturing programs.  At that moment, no one was using the other program, so the differences should be minimal.  Chrome (this page), Jing (screen capture), Outlook and Spotify (just because) were running in the background. I tested this morning after a fresh reboot with no other programs running and I have the same issues with the 2 files shown in the video.

Today - file size does appear to make a difference.  It didn't yesterday. Currently, I have 2 version of a blank file open that I use to export clean dxfs and a copy of our main drawing template.  Zero issues.  The drawings shown previously are only 3-4MB.

Okay - figure this one out...I still have the 3 files above open - still working fine.  When I open the file I was working on in the video - that file runs fine, but the other 3 blank drawings suffer.  Weird!!

I'll check my coworker's machine again later - can't interupt her at the moment.

Please post a video of your experience if you believe they are different.  If they really are then I'll create a separate topic and make a call to tech support.

Message 28 of 128
akimber

I was wondering after I made my comments whether the screen capture couldn't pick up the flickering as it looks totally difrerent on the video to how the computer behaves here, now you have clarified I do think we have the same issue.

Have you updated to the latest drivers for your device? (We found that reduced the times the flickering occured). This will be a non Autodesk approved version so you might not want to do it.

We have rolled back to 2013 for now unfortunately.

Message 29 of 128
yooperjeff
in reply to: akimber

Yes - first I upgraded to the approved drivers when I realized there was a problem.  Then when it didn't fix the problem, I tried the newest version from Nvidia.  No difference.

Also, for the guy that asked previously - I retested just now with Aero turned off.  No Change.

Message 30 of 128
Darylt

I have the exact same problem (flickering issue etc. when I open an additional file)... bitterly dissapointed with the recent updated (LT 2014) version. I have had to uninstall Autodesk 360 as it was causing a windows explorer error once a day and I have just found  that I can no longer (for some unknown problem) edit within tool properties (tool palettes). Tried to report this to Autodsek and guess what - the reporting sytem states that some field has not been filled in properly so I cant even get technical support to resolve it for me!

Daryl

Message 31 of 128
pendean

Did you forget to include an email address? Usually that's what that error means.
Message 32 of 128
Darylt
in reply to: pendean

Cant see a box for email address on open case window? Im logged into my account and that should provide Adesk with my email address??

Thanks for your help,

Daryl

Message 33 of 128
pendean

Then we must not be talking about the same thing: you made it sound as though CIP gave you a popup to send to Autodesk: if there is no email address on that popup it doesn't matter what your login status is.
So which is it: you logged in and sent a detailed error report, or did you get the CIP popup while in AutoCAD?
Message 34 of 128
Darylt

I wa trying to send an error report via Autodesk subscription centre, Support request, Technical product support, open case. When trying to submit report (After completing all mandatory fields) I get an error message stating that one of the fields has not been completed correctly and therefore cannot send report (all fields with red asterix are complete).

Thanks,

Daryl

Message 35 of 128
pendean
in reply to: Darylt

Thanks, so we were talking about two different things then: check the fields you filled in that are tagged with the red asterix (normally, those are the problem, the reverse of what you typed here), perhaps a simple syntax error occured.
Message 36 of 128
pedderd

To all,

We have this issue on numerous machines with LT. We have had our Autodesk reseller, and IT support company (Excitech) in our office trying to troubleshoot.

They tried all the methods they could think of (graphics, different drawings etc. etc.) but this behaviour still occurred. This does not happen on full AutoCAD, just LT.

They inform me that they have had another company with the same behaviour report this and they have referred this onto Autodesk. Again, they report that Autodesk are aware of the problem and it will be fixed within SP1 whenever this is out. Apparently the issue is related to the new Geographic feature in 2014.

Please correct me if you all know any different, but I am quite happy to post an update here if I get one.

Darren

Message 37 of 128
myoviva
in reply to: Sven-OleKrogh4103

Please NVIDIA settings, clip Manage 3D settings ,then under Program Settings and clip Restore.

Message 38 of 128
akimber
in reply to: myoviva

The flickering "unrecognised issue" is also being discussed here.

Message 39 of 128
SteveCrow5000
in reply to: akimber

Spoiler

Same two drawings work fine in LT2012, open them in LT2014 and one of the drawings will flicker as you try to pan.

File size doesn't matter, graphics doesn't matter, OS doesn't matter, RAM doesn't matter.

Point is it works fine in earlier versions, it doesn't work in LT2014,

Autodesks issue.... get it sorted, period

Message 40 of 128
SteveCrow5000

Changing AecCore.crx to "C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD LT 2014\AecCore.crx.old" seems to work for me.

Apparently it's a faulty built in Object Enabler if I understand it correctly.

A bandage on a leaking wound as Dean put it.

Fixes the symptoms, not the cause.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost