Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD LT 2013 + Windows 8 = ?

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Alasdair1
2289 Views, 3 Replies

AutoCAD LT 2013 + Windows 8 = ?

I have LT 2013 on Window 7 64 bt. When will AutoCAD LT be available to be used with Windows 8. I have a subscription with Autodesk. I have been informed that Autodesk have no intention of issueing a patch to work on Windows 8 with LT 2013. Again I have been informed that the next release AutoCAD LT 2014 will operate on Windows 8. Can some kind person who knows what they are talking about please tell me what the truth is. I can't imagine that Autodesk would release 2013 without testing it with windows 8.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
dgorsman
in reply to: Alasdair1

2013 releases came out well in advance of the official release of Win8, ergo there is no chance of them actually being certified with an OS that doesn't actually exist (public BETA/previews do *not* count).  Despite all the previews, etc. there is still the chance the offically released product can be different.  So while AutoDesk may very well have been doing internal testing, with the yearly release schedule and the Win8 release date it makes more sense for them (and for us consumers as well) to wait for the official OS release, let the early adopters find any initial bugs, let Microsoft issue updates, and *then* release their officially tested software.

OS falls under "mission critical" software for us.  That means extensive testing across all uses before adoption, which can take months if not years.  Its not something thats done on a whim so its not a huge deal if the latest software isn't supported on the latest OS.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 3 of 4
pendean

Those who know cannot say as they are bound by legal NDAs: everyone else is just blowing smoke.
Autodesk's official announcement will be updated on this webpage eventually:
http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=19048377&linkID=9240617
Consider that the Win8 pre-installer lists MSOFFICE2010 as incompatible makes me wonder how many businesses will actually adopt the OS anytime soon.
Message 4 of 4
Alasdair1

Thanks chaps for the replies will just have to wait. Do not think I will be using win 8 with LT 2013 or 2014 just don,t like the interface with non touch screen. Very happy with win 7 64 bt.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost