Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD LT 2013 + Windows 8 = ?

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
dhacht
4291 Views, 3 Replies

AutoCAD LT 2013 + Windows 8 = ?

Has anyone tried running AutoCAD '13 in Windows 8? I know it's not on the list of supported OS's, but I'm curious if anyone's tried it and if they've had any luck. I have an old copy of LT '08 at home and it works just fine after I upgraded to Win 8 there, but I'd like to get some opinions before I make any recommendations here at the office one way or the other. Is there anything in Windows 8 that might keep AC from running properly? Has there been any official word from Autodesk about a compatibility patch for the program?

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
pendean
in reply to: dhacht

I installed the Win8 preview on a Win7 PC with LT2013 already installed and had no issues. But the combo is still not officially supported and some users are reporting difficulties actually installing 2012-2013 on new Win8 (software is not recognizing the OS).

I'd wait for official word and possibly patches first.

Message 3 of 4
dhacht
in reply to: pendean

Okay, thank you Dean.

Message 4 of 4
JHoogstede
in reply to: dhacht

I installed a fresh install of the final Windows 8 Pro last week (bought it online). I also installed my LT2013 which seems to work fine. However there's a very annoying thing and that is that my window-top (which has the login data etc.) is clearly white, also the text so it is very hard to read.

I also tried to install the Service Pack 1.1 but that doesn't work. It keeps giving an error (can't access/find a file) and quits installing.

But besides that...it works fine for me at the moment.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost