Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD LT 2010 Design Centre Block updates kills display order in drawing

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
DominicBlomfield8733
551 Views, 4 Replies

AutoCAD LT 2010 Design Centre Block updates kills display order in drawing

Working in AutoCAD LT 2010.

Drawing format 2007 or 2010

bedit, OK if you regenall after

refedit, Ok if you regenall ofter

design Center - display order goes out the window. The inserted block is redefined but the rest of the drawing loses all its display order. sortents (127, 33, 51, etc) and displayorderctl does nothing, either before or after the block is redefined. hatches and blocks just jump to the front (display order shows as order of drawn not order as moved to) Regenall does nothing.

absolute nightmare with display order managed elevations (solid hatch, baconies, windows, multple buildings, all overlaying!!)

Really need help with this (old) problem

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

I've noticed this from time to time too, drawing orders do not always maintain, very annoying when using wipeouts I might add.

Signature, sincerely... //Adam
AutoCad LT 2016
Give Kudos where credit is due, Mark "accepted as solution" if the post solved your question.
Message 3 of 5

There are a handful if Draw order specific variables in AutoCAD, what are they all set to in your system?
And by chance is this on a laptop, or WinXP?
Message 4 of 5

Sortents - 127, draworderctl - 3, texttofront - both, hpdraworder - 3

What else is there?

2 XP pro desktops and 2 win 7 x64 pro laptops

very simple to test. take a drawing with a block in it and do a save as. Place a piece of solid hatch over the top of any of the drawing (SOLID is easiest) then move it to the back in display order. Redefine the block using the original dwg for the source (note block does not even have to change!!) using the design centre AND the solid hatch jumps back to the front. Then regenall and nothing happens! Block insert is fine. Just redefine.

Message 5 of 5

You forgot HATCHTOBACK.

Sorry, I can't replicate here at all: hatch stays in the back when the block(s) are redefined using ADCENTER. But I'm not using LT2010, tested it in 2012 and 2013, Win7 64bit.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost