Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD LT 2008 corrupting Word?

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
swrtech
346 Views, 3 Replies

AutoCAD LT 2008 corrupting Word?

I work for a school district and just rolled out a new image. The image was tested before AutoCAD was installed and everything worked correctly. Currently we've installed AutoCAD LT 2008 and we are now having issues. What's happening is that the Normal.dot file for Microsoft Word 2003 is continuously being corrupted. We've replaced the file with a known good copy and yet it still is giving the same errors. We've installed nothing other than AutoCAD LT 2008, and we have tested all the programs before the image was rolled out, which is before AutoCAD was installed and had no issue. So what happened that is making our Normla.dot file corrupt for every user.

Our network is setup with mandatory local profiles that are wiped upon logon, so there are no profile based issues as they are constantly being recreated.

-Ben

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
swrtech
in reply to: swrtech

I fixed the issue myself.  What I did was I did a further search within this forum and found that there was a similar issue dealing with AutoCAD LT 2009.  From there I followed what it instructed and went further, basically what it said was that there was an issue with a wWindows update, but that they also pushed out a patch as well.  So I went through and re-ran Windows updates a few times, installing all the major ones.  Then I rebuilt the profiles, which isn't part of the issue, but we use mandatory profiles, and they were dynamic and then I pushed a script through Altiris that replaced the corrupted Normal.dot with a viable working version and rebooted the computers.  From there I proceeded to login as students and run Word 2003 without any issue.

-Ben

Message 3 of 4
Charles_Shade
in reply to: swrtech

Would you please link the relevant thread as well and mark that as Solved also.

Message 4 of 4
swrtech
in reply to: Charles_Shade

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost