Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD 2013 does not open some earlier versions of dwg files.

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
masoud1
731 Views, 8 Replies

AutoCAD 2013 does not open some earlier versions of dwg files.

Tried to open a template file form AutoCad 13 onto my Autocad LT but asking for DWG trueview 2014. i have downloaded the DWG Trueview but still asking for the same thing.

can anyone help?

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
pendean
in reply to: masoud1

Did you start LT2013, then use OPEN command to seek out this file?
Or are you just clicking on the file in Windows Explorer and your default app, Trueview, is opening?
LT2013 doesn't ask for DTV2014, so your description is missing something important... .
Message 3 of 9
masoud1

I opened AutoCAD LT and used open file.  The template can be seen on DWG Truefile but on AutoCAD LT this is the message is giving me:-

'The drawing file could not be opened because it was created with a more recent version of LT.  To convert this drawing file to an earlier file format download DWG Trueview from AutoDesk website.'

I have already downloaded the DWG Trueview from Autodesk but still gives me the same message.

I even try to save the file on earlier version but i can even open it so i could save it as some previous file.

Cheers

Masoud

Message 4 of 9
pendean

Post the file here, it may be corrupt or from another program: there is no newer format DWG out there.
Message 5 of 9
masoud1
in reply to: pendean

The file is not corrupted, i have 20 other files of the same giving me the same message.

Just to let you know the files are from a training course conducted by AutoDesk i just did on Friday but we used AutoCAD 2014!!!!

I have other files form Auto CAD 2010 and have no problem opening them.

Masoud

Message 6 of 9
masoud1

Ok, I have just found out you can't open any files unless you have AutoCAD 13 or AutoCAD LT 13.

I suppose this is another way for Autodesk to make money!!!

Message 7 of 9
KateMorricalTowne

What version of AutoCAD LT do you have? It sounded from your thread title & posts that you had 2013.

If you don't, DWG TrueView includes DWG TrueConvert, which will enable you to save the 2013/2014 files back to a DWG format your AutoCAD LT can read.

--
Kate Morrical
Digital Design Manager, Washington DC
BIMmuse.com
Message 8 of 9
pendean

So your title is completely false then? as is your first post (DTV2014 does not open the files either)?

Message 9 of 9
masoud1
in reply to: KateMorricalTowne

Yeh sorry I have 2012 AutoCAD LT version.  I'll try the Trueview convert and see if it works.

Thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost