Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD 2012 LT Slows After Continued Usage

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
cadwookiee
619 Views, 10 Replies

AutoCAD 2012 LT Slows After Continued Usage

Hello

I am having a problem with Autocad 2012 LT. It typically runs fine, but after using it for an extended period of time with multiple projects open, it becomes painfully slow to perform basic tasks like copying objects, opening projects, and saving projects. Restarting AutoCAD does not fix the problem, however, restarting my computer does fix the problem. I just don't want to be continually restarting my computer as on average I need to do this 3-4 times per day at work. Any help would be appreciated.

I am running Windows 7 64-bit on an iMac12,2

Processor: i5-2500S CPU @ 2.7 GHz (4CPUs)

8 Gigs RAM

Thanks

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
pendean
in reply to: cadwookiee

What are you using to run Win7 on the Mac? Parallels or a VPC?

Message 3 of 11
cadwookiee
in reply to: pendean

I'm using Bootcamp to run Windows on the Mac.

Message 4 of 11
pendean

Sounds like Win7 is not letting go of Memory: do you start and turn off AutoCAD regularly in a day, or does it always stay on?

Message 5 of 11
cadwookiee
in reply to: pendean

After I start experiencing the slowness symptoms I will restart the computer to temporarily fix it. I also turn off the computer every day.

Message 6 of 11

I think it is an imac memory problem with LT. I have two imacs (quad core i7, 8 gigs RAM) running AutoCADLT 2011. One is running bootcamp the other parallels 6.0. The one running bootcamp slows to a crawl and needs to be restarted 3-4 times a day. The one running Parallels does not have this problem although it does run slower overall. We are also running LT on quad core mac pros and both the Bootcamp and Parallels run just fine. I am pretty sure it is the constant opening and closing

of xrefs that are causing the slowing of the imac because if I don't work with any xrefs the imac running bootcamp never slows down during the day. Hope this helps.

Message 7 of 11
grizzler
in reply to: ROBERTFUCHS5907

Just found this thread, and am experiencing the same symptoms.  Is anybody aware of any solutions related to Autodesk or Boot Camp?

Thanks.

Message 8 of 11
Charles_Shade
in reply to: grizzler
Message 9 of 11
grizzler
in reply to: Charles_Shade

Thanks Charles, I posted a simlar question to the Mac forum, but was directed back here.

It's unfortuately a grey area b/c we are running AutoCadLT for Windows, but on a Mac.  So this should be a Window's question.  But due to the Boot Camp utility, I feel it potentially involves both systems.

So again, has anybody have any luck?

We have tried some other methods: set windows themes to a non-Aero format, turn off pop-up tips, turned off the "Hardware Acceleration".  With that last setting, when we tried to update the Performace Tuner, it said there was an update, but could not connect to the internet to download it.  We definitely have internet/network connectivitiy, so that was weird.

Message 10 of 11
organicmodern

My XP machine has the same issue running LT solid for about T 2-3 hours. Same machine had ADT 2005 running all week with the same session, and no issues. Restarting LT works however. I don't have to reboot.
Message 11 of 11
pendean

Restart LT (and AutoCAD) occasionally: it's been around since the 2010 versions and there is no miracle cure.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost