Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutCad LT 2005 Locks Up when attempt to open Layers.

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
mweng7
293 Views, 8 Replies

AutCad LT 2005 Locks Up when attempt to open Layers.

Need some help.  This morning I opened AutoCad LT 2005 and was going to print a map with multiple layers.  Everytime I tried to open the layers tool AutoCad LT 2005 would lock up.  I would go to the task manager and it showed that it was still running but I could not do anything in the program.  I closed Autocad LT from the task manager and opened up a blank document and tried to view layers and it locked up once again.  I re-installed AutoCad LT 2005 from original disk and still I have the same behavior.  What is going on?

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Charles_Shade
in reply to: mweng7

Look at Windows System Restore and see if anything changed on the computer overnight or in the last day or two.

Do you see the Layer Manger window?

Did you run a Registry Cleaner on the OS?

Edited by
Discussion_Admin

Message 3 of 9
mweng7

System restore point last evening.  Nothing seemingly abnormal.  Have not recently registry cleaned the system.  I see the layers dropdown box on the toolbar.  If I click the layers propery manager to the left, Autocad locks up.  Again, I've renistalled from original disk

Message 4 of 9
Charles_Shade

Have you applied this patch too?

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=4598416&linkID=9240818

When you say nothing abnormal on the Restore does it show any .NET updates in the last few days?

Remove Autodesk Products:
http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?linkID=9240817&id=2887771&siteID=123112

Message 5 of 9
mweng7
in reply to: Charles_Shade

After I had the trouble I looked for an update.  I found the Service Pack 1 update - I did NOT have that previously installed.  I installed it, but did not completely uninstall Autocad before I updated.  I'll attempt that now - wipe system of AutoCad and re-install from disk then Service Pack 1

Message 6 of 9
mweng7

How do I check for .NET changes ?

Message 7 of 9
Charles_Shade

That would show up in the History for the System Restore.

I've had trouble with .NET updates in the past and generally apply them one at a time when they come up.

Message 8 of 9
mweng7
in reply to: Charles_Shade

Did the complete Uninstall mentioned in the second article / then reinstalled both from disk and updated Service Pack 1 and solved the problem!  A "regular" uninstall would not work.  Not sure what caused the problem.  Thank you very much very your time. 

Message 9 of 9
Charles_Shade

Please mark "Accept as Solution" the post that helped so that others with similar problems may be able to find the answer.

Please mark any response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.

Glad to help and that you got LT 2005 going again.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost