Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attached Image - problem with colors

12 REPLIES 12
SOLVED
Message 1 of 13
ABielecki
2495 Views, 12 Replies

Attached Image - problem with colors

Hi,

i have a problem with attached a map to AutoCAD LT 2013. This is monochrome document which seems normal. In the previous version (2012) colors was different depends on background (when I have black backgraound line was white). I want to have this same setting like 2012.

I attached images. 2012 is what I want to have.

Thanks for help

GIS
12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
pendean
in reply to: ABielecki

What is the MAP file format?

Message 3 of 13
AcadAdamLT

I'm not sure I understand the problem exactly..

By default the background is black and crosshair is white, lines and such drawn in colour "white" is either white or black depending on dark or white background.

To change colours go into "Option>Display>Colors.."

Hope it helps.

Signature, sincerely... //Adam
AutoCad LT 2016
Give Kudos where credit is due, Mark "accepted as solution" if the post solved your question.
Message 4 of 13
ABielecki

Sorry, but You haven't understand me correctly.

I mean that when I open my raster in AutoCAD it seems different in 2012 and 2013.

I atache print screens from AutoCAD 2012 and 2013. The first is what I want to achieve.

I add also dwg. If you have opportunietes please open this file in AC 2012 and 2013 and you will see the diference.

GIS
Message 5 of 13
AcadAdamLT

I've opened the .dwg in both 2012 and 2013 now and both looks fine to me, no difference there.

But I noticed however that there is a .bmp file attached to your drawing, what happens if you unload it?

AutoCad LT 2016
Give Kudos where credit is due, Mark "accepted as solution" if the post solved your question.
Message 6 of 13
ABielecki
in reply to: AcadAdamLT

I'm afraid I don't understand you correctly.

Why should I unload this file? When I done it, nothing was happend.

You wrote, that in both version bimp is fine, but do you know what I mean?

GIS
Message 7 of 13
AcadAdamLT

Of what I can see, in 2013 that attached image is plain white while in 2012 it's not.

I don't have the .bmp file so I can't test it, post the image and I'll check if it is the same for me.

AutoCad LT 2016
Message 8 of 13
ABielecki

Yes.

Now I know that you understand me.

This is this file.

https://360.autodesk.com/Public/Details?hash=194b38a1c447452c9b79fb16be90c5b7

it's too large so i had to send it in other way

GIS
Message 9 of 13
AcadAdamLT

I have the same problem when attaching the image in 2013 but not in 2012. Very strange, can't find any difference in the option nor can I find any solution for the moment, bump this thread and we'll see if somebody can pick up on this.

2012 - 2013 is a new file format and all so there might just be some difference in how it handles images.

I'll keep searching for a while see if I can find anything, otherwise we can assume that 2012 handles images better then 2013. The image itself has a white background afterall..

Strange that 2012 converts the colour white to black but 2013 doesn't...

Good luck!

AutoCad LT 2016
Message 10 of 13
pendean

Is everyone married to the BMP format? Doesn't seem to be a problem with PNG when I did a quick test with the sample shared above (I guess everyone ignored by first reply way back when LOL).

Message 11 of 13
ABielecki

Yes, you are rigth.

When i convert bmp to png AutoCAD 2013 works correctly.

But it isn't a solution. If I always get files in bmp I always have to convert this file. Why new version  doesn't work like older version?

GIS
Message 12 of 13
pendean

I suspect, since BMP is not behaving like all the other raster file formats, it got "fixed".
I've never used BMP in a decade, it's not a great file format for professional maps: TIFF are most reliable. PNG is smallest compressed.
Message 13 of 13
AcadAdamLT
in reply to: pendean

Converting the file format, didn't even think of that *Facepalm*

And for the record, I agree that BMP is not a good fileformat for this but since I very rarely attach images to my drawings  this gave me a bit of tunnel vision Smiley Tongue

Good thing it's solved.

AutoCad LT 2016

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost