Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Arcs that don't arc

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
376 Views, 3 Replies

Arcs that don't arc

I would like to find the answer to a problem that plagued us when we used AutoCad LT 98 & hasn't changed when opening the same files in LT 2014.  All curved lines (arcs) that occur in a recently-opened file look like two straight lines with an angle at the mid-point, so that from a distance they still resemble an arc but not at all when zoomed in.  When clicking on the control points, it goes to looking like a proper arc, but the change doesn't hold after the file is saved and reopened.  What is going on?  Is there a program-wide setting to change, or do the properties of each arc need to be changed individually?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
drjohn
in reply to: Anonymous

VIEWRES needs to be set.

Fast circle zoom = yes

Circle zoom percent should be 20000

This, IMHO, is an artifact left over from early ACAD and 286/6 computers. 

Back then, when you regen'd (no redraw was available) you did it just before lunch so it would have an hour to regen.  The hardware has gotten much better now, as you know.

HTH

Regards,

DJ

Message 3 of 4
braudpat
in reply to: drjohn

Hello

+1 with Drjohn

You have a lot of very old DWGs (1st time created) with VIEWRES = 100 / 500 / 1000

But the maximum VIEWRES is 20000 ...

Each time, I receive a DWG :

VIEWRES <Enter>

Yes (if necessary) <Enter>

20000 (if necessary) <Enter>

And a few other "security" things like AUDIT or loading the DWG with RECOVER or RECOVERALL

etc ...

Bye, Pat

Patrice ( Supporting Troops ) - Autodesk Expert Elite
If you are happy with my answer please mark "Accept as Solution" and if very happy please give me a Kudos (Felicitations) - Thanks

Patrice BRAUD

EESignature

Message 4 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: drjohn

It works great, thanks so much!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost