Active Contributor
BillW435
Message 1 of 4 (122 Views)
Accepted Solution

Annotative objects question

122 Views, 3 Replies
07-06-2012 11:08 AM

Let' see if I have this right...

When adding text directly in paper space, there is no point in making it annotative, correct?

I am revising  ACad drawings which have paper space text that appears odd in print preview, suspect a problem relating to annotative setting.

What changes should I make between adding text in model space (which I want to be annotative) and dding text directly in paper space?

Thanks much, all.

Bill 

*Expert Elite*
pendean
Message 2 of 4 (117 Views)

Re: Annotative objects question

07-06-2012 12:26 PM in reply to: BillW435

You can use Annotative Objects anywhere, that's the beauty of the feature: no limitations.

Dean Saadallah Blog | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | PINS
*Expert Elite*
heinsite
Message 3 of 4 (114 Views)

07-06-2012 12:37 PM in reply to: BillW435

You don't need to make any changes.  Annotative text objects follow the "rules" of the dimstyle chosen, so if you place them directly in paper space they will show up exactly as defined.  When you place them in model space you need to be aware of what cannoscale(s) will be required.  Otherwise they may not show up in a viewport here and there.

I use annotative text almost exclusively now.  Once you get to the point where you understand how the visibility settings work it becomes pretty easy.  It certainly helps standardize the look of your work!

Dave.

------------------------------------------------------
Dave Hein, P.E.
Active Contributor
BillW435
Message 4 of 4 (108 Views)

07-06-2012 12:56 PM in reply to: BillW435

Thank you Dean and Dave.

Yes, I try to use annotative settings, now that I understand scale requirements.

It turned out that my problem related to default line weight. (Really!).

In all layers of the drawing, lineweight was set to default, which was often too heavy.  I reset lineweight to what I really neded, which improved appearance greatly.

As always, appreciate your naluable assistance.

Bill

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community