Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Annotative Multileaders Not Fully Displaying

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
mbroller1
1252 Views, 3 Replies

Annotative Multileaders Not Fully Displaying

My leaders that worked fine up until today have exhibited the following problem: some of them, not all,  will not display the leader itself (the annotative text of the leader is displayed) when shifting to a new layout at different scale. The visability is on and the object has the scale listed and properties show that it is current. The leaders that work and those that don't appear to be identical in properties.

I have been able to add a leader to the text in the new scale but this is time consuming. I suspect I inadvertantly messed with a system variable but I can't find any that address this.

Thanks,

Margie

AutoCAD LT 2012 & 2014 (I tried both)

Win 7

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
pendean
in reply to: mbroller1

Turn on SELECTIONANNODISPLAY variable, then pick one of those errant MLEADERS: it appears each 'scale' was manually moved with grips separate from the true location. The various ghost images seem to match up with the different scales.

If I underastand your issue as you described it above, then ANNORESET command is what you want to use on all the mleaders in your file.
Running ANNOUPDATE on all your mleaders may help too: looked like a bunch of same mleaderstyle objects have different settings.

PS: I noticed your file is from ADT2007: why not fix it in 2014 by using -EXPORTTOAUTOCAD command once and for all.
Message 3 of 4
mbroller1
in reply to: pendean

Actually there is some great stuff here. The annoreset solved the crazy angles I had in various scales. A problem that has plagued me for awhile. Not sure what the annoupdate does but it did not affect the problem. I did an exporttoautocad but that didn't seem to make any difference.

When I identified the scale that the leaders were in, I  changed to that scale then annoreset, it worked. Then I had to move the leader back to where I wanted them in the scale that I needed them. Time consuming and I assume recreating the problem if I don't reset again.

So I guess it is solved but not in a great way. I can't fiqure how this all went heywire because I use (reuse) these notes in so many scales, all the time without problems before.

I need to use 2012 for a regular client who has the subscription but don't have the time to deal with the upgrade process on all their stations, so they just plug along with 2012. (It took me 2 years to get them out of 2007). And I agree that 2014 is generally better but it crashes alot more than 2012.

Message 4 of 4
pendean
in reply to: mbroller1

Perhaps having ANNOAUTOUPDATE variable on might help in the future too.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost