Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AEC object issue...

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
jambruins
1914 Views, 6 Replies

AEC object issue...

I have aec objects in a drawing (walls, door, etc.) and every so often on part of the walls show up or the walls don't tie into each other.  If I delete the wall and then select undo the walls will tie into each other.  Any idea why this is happening or how to fix it?  Thank you.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
pendean
in reply to: jambruins

LT version?

Does it have an ARCH Object Enabler, and is it installed?

Does this happen with all AEC files, all walls in this file, or just one wall at one location (drawn incorrectly by the originating program perhaps at this one location)?

Message 3 of 7
jambruins
in reply to: pendean

LT 2013.

AutoCAD Architecture & AutoCAD MEP 2013 Object Enabler for LT is installed.

Right now it is happening with all walls in the xref drawing.  I have a baseplan and the walls look good.  I have a floor plan drawing with the baseplan xref in and it is happening in the floor plan.

Other times it will happen with just one wall and when I delete and undo it works fine.

Should I install the AutoCAD Architecture 2013 D-A-CH Extension Object Enabler?

Message 4 of 7
pendean

D-A-CH is for editing of D-A-CH Erweiterungen 2013 drawings (no, it's not misspelled): is that were your DWG file comes from?

Otherwise you found a known LT2013 bug that has no fix yet. No workaround unless you want to get rid of the AEC content in the file.

Message 5 of 7
jambruins
in reply to: pendean

I have had the drawing for a hanfull of years and I can't remember where it came from.  I used to use 2007 LT and everything worked fine.  I would just do save as and reuse the drawing bascially.  Now in 2013 I am having the issues.  Thanks for the help.

Message 6 of 7
AcadAdamLT

You could always try using "AECTOACAD" and see if it get's any better.

Signature, sincerely... //Adam
AutoCad LT 2016
Give Kudos where credit is due, Mark "accepted as solution" if the post solved your question.
Message 7 of 7
pendean
in reply to: AcadAdamLT

That would explode the "walls and doors" into AutoCAD entities only, lines and more lines: hopefully the OP does not need to keep these files intact first.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost