Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ACAD LT 2012 crashes my PC

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
ROY.COOPER
373 Views, 11 Replies

ACAD LT 2012 crashes my PC

Hi,

I have successfully installed ACAD LT 2012 on windows 7 operating system.

The software loads ok but after just a few commands, my PC crashes.

I get a blue screen error message (which i can't read before the PC reboots) and then the PC reboots.

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
pendean
in reply to: ROY.COOPER

Blue Screen? That's a Windows OS level failure: new PC by chance as well as a new seat of LT2012?

Message 3 of 12
ROY.COOPER
in reply to: pendean

Yes, it is a new PC and a new seat????

Message 4 of 12
DarrenP

blue screens are usually hardware or driver related

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 12
ROY.COOPER
in reply to: DarrenP

i have spoken to the pc manufacturer which suggest carrying out a "restore" back to factory settings and then reloading the ACAD software. However, this does not solve the problem.

I am also using numerous other software including Microsoft office (mainly word and excel) and Superbeam software on the pc without any problems.

Therefore, as the problem only occurs with ACAD, the pc manufacturer is saying the problem is the ACAD??

Message 6 of 12
dgorsman

AutoCAD is a fairly hefty program compared with the others mentioned.  What are your computer specs?

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 7 of 12
DarrenP
in reply to: dgorsman

install this program on your machine

this will scan the windows dump files and tell what the problem could be

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 8 of 12
ROY.COOPER
in reply to: dgorsman

Intel Core I3 - 2330m

Intel HD graphics 3000

4GB DDR3 memory

750GB HDD

Message 9 of 12
ROY.COOPER

I have some further information.

1 - The PC crashes when using the cut and paste commands.

2 - The PC freezes for a while and the screen refreshes after every few commands.

Message 10 of 12
pendean

Did you install the suggested program to find the reason for the crash?

Also, try testing in diagnostic more to try and pinpoint any conflict:
http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=6453117&linkID=9240617
If there are no crashes while in this mode, your issue is a system related problem.

LT2012 by default turns on hardware acceleration, which may be taxing your low end system's onboard graphics card (did you buy a laptop or a really cheap PC?), so turn it off and see if that helps: http://exchange.autodesk.com/autocadlt/enu/online-help/ACDLT/2012/ENU/pages/WS1a9193826455f5ffa23ce2...

Fact remains, a BlueScreen crash is a system level problem. AutoCAD/LT is a great tool at exposing weak systems, your other programs don't even come close.

Message 11 of 12
ROY.COOPER
in reply to: pendean

Many thanks for all your replies.

I probably will not have time to try the links you have sent until the weekend but i will come back to you as soon as i have done so.

However, can i just make the following points.

1 - My PC spec is far far greater than the minimum stated requirements to run ACAD LT 2012 so i think it is unfair to blame the power of the PC.

2 - Prior to installing ACAD LT  2012, i have been sucessfully running LT 2009 without any of the issues??

Message 12 of 12
pendean

Friend, no one is saying much about your PC specs: look up BSOD in Google for your exact Windows version and see what we all mean by a system issue.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost