Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A display driver is missing or corrupt (.HDI)

39 REPLIES 39
SOLVED
Message 1 of 40
AcadAdamLT
84424 Views, 39 Replies

A display driver is missing or corrupt (.HDI)

This is not happening.

I just got a new laptop, it's totally clean.

Installed F-secure and made exceptions rules for all Autodesk related stuff

Installed Office-package.

Downloaded and installed Autocad LT 2014, no problems detected but when I start I get this error message.

I got less then 2 hours to fix this and a few other things I havn't gotten to yet and I need this laptop up and running tomorrow for a seminar.

"A display driver file (.HDI) is missing or has been corrupted. The program will be closed."

This problem may be caused by missing .hdi files in the following location: "Autodesk>Autocad LT 2014>Drv>

I can't find the specified file under the folder so I'm guessing it is missing, any quick fixes for this?

Edit: I installed it with love and compassion so why would it do this to me!?

Signature, sincerely... //Adam
AutoCad LT 2016
Give Kudos where credit is due, Mark "accepted as solution" if the post solved your question.
39 REPLIES 39
Message 21 of 40
francis2211
in reply to: jbarre01

I had the same problem today, to fix the problem you have to:

1- Right Click on Autocad LT 2014 Icon

2.-Click Property

3.- Under Target: at the end of the path add /nohardware

4.- Click apply

All set

Message 22 of 40
juligf_271
in reply to: yehosef

that not work for me... do u know why??? 😞 i deleted that file

Message 23 of 40
francis2211
in reply to: francis2211

Please explain what you did...

Thank you

Message 24 of 40
juligf_271

1- Right Click on Autocad LT 2014 Icon

2.-Click Property

3.-Target: "C:\Program Files\ Autodesk\AutoCAD 2014\acad.exe" /product ACAD /language "en-US"/noharware

4.- Click apply

that doesn't work! then i did this:

start--> accesories--> run--> 'regedit'--> 'ctrl+f'--> 'CustomHeidiDriverPath' and remove the file.... that doesnt work either... i must be doing something wrong but i dont know what is it

Message 25 of 40
francis2211
in reply to: juligf_271

I tried "start--> accesories--> run--> 'regedit'--> 'ctrl+f'--> 'CustomHeidiDriverPath' and remove the file.... that doesnt work either... i must be doing something wrong but i dont know what is it"

before and did not worked for my, try again with the /nohardware at the end of the path put a space and than /nohardware, let me know if that resolve your problem 

Message 26 of 40
juligf_271

yeyyyy!!!!!!! that worked!!!!! thanksss!!!!!!!

thats all??? now can i work with it without any problem?? i have autocad 2012 installed too can i delete it now??

thanks!! thanks!! thanks!!!

Message 27 of 40
francis2211

Well you should be all set..  if you want to deleted the previews version that's your call 🙂

Message 28 of 40
eng
Explorer

Don't re-install AutoCAD.  Check Video Driver and get update from manufacturer.  In my case, my labtop is using GeForce GeGT630M.  I downloaded the new driver from Nvidia web site.  It work again even without option of "/nohardware".

Message 29 of 40
Basil64
in reply to: AcadAdamLT

you've probably solved it by now, but, others may find this helpful:

I, too, claimed i didn't do anything... that it worked fine, then didn't, and it was a clean install.

Then i realized I did do something. I dragged the window, from the display on my laptop, across a port replicator, to an external display.

It looked like it worked, then it didn't, and when i dragged it back, all was well again. (after a few close/open

This may not have anything to do with AutoCAD install. it may be a system driver issue, and your graphics drivers need an update.

(dual monitor, port replicator, etc.) not just the video card drivers.

hope this helps.

Message 30 of 40
sharonleong8985

I have tried this method and it doesnt work. Editing the registry dont work. Any better methods?
Message 31 of 40
gpozder

perfect solution!!!Smiley Happy

Message 32 of 40
hencoop
in reply to: amarriner

Hello,

I just had this problem today and it seemed very similar to a problem I had with an earlier version (2007/2013...idk).  That led me to suspect windows update and .NET which had caused the problem with the old AutoCAD version.

My system was rebuilt yesterday from a clean formatted hard drive and AutoCAD Civil 3D 2014 worked fine.  Today, after the windows automatic updates, I got the error you were getting.  I uninstalled the .NET updates (KB2898864 & KB2805226) and AutoCAD began working well again.

So, I have turned off windows automatic updates and will select the updates to install from now on.  I will not install .NET updates again unless instructed to do so by Autodesk.

AutoCAD User since 1989. Civil Engineering Professional since 1983
Product Ver.: 13.6.1781.0 Civil 3D 2024.3 Update
Built On:        U.152.0.0 AutoCAD 2024.1.2
                        27.0.37.14 Autodesk AutoCAD Map 3D 2024.0.1
                        8.6.52.0 AutoCAD Architecture 2024
Message 33 of 40
marielgzz

ERES MI HEROE ..!!!!

GRACIAS!!!!!

Message 34 of 40
marielgzz

ERES MI HEROE ..!!!
GRACIAS!!!

DESDE MONTERREY 😃
Message 35 of 40
supernew

No need to remove any autocad or any autodesk. Just update your display driver through go to your control panel and update your system display driver only. Very easy to do it.

Message 36 of 40
Bruceybee

I've spent a very long and stressful day uninstalling and re-installing, at least 3 times, trying the user account control and the regentry cure aswell but without any joy, then I looked again and found this, BRILLIANT!!!!!!

IT WORKS!!!!!

THANKS A MILLION

Message 37 of 40
yehosef
in reply to: Bruceybee

anytime my friend !
Message 38 of 40
Bruceybee
in reply to: supernew

After trying a few different remedies I sorted my dilemma using the one mentioned in earlier blogs, by adding (space) /nohardware to the file path in properties, it worked first time. I was over the moon, until..... my battery ran out and when I restarted windows, the autocad was missing the file again, but the file path in properties hadn't changed from the amended one. So I did all the uninstalling and re-installing again, to no avail. I looked through more forum blogs and came across yours, updating the graphics driver, brilliant, I'm up and running again. Thanks a million

Message 39 of 40
MESHBobi

Hi

R_click on ACAD shortcut --> properties ---> in Target Field make this change:

Before Change you see this: “C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2014\acad.exe” /product ACAD /language “en-US

After change you will have : “C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2014\acad.exe” /NOHARDWARE /product ACAD /language “en-US

(Just NOHARDWARE / has been added)

Do not forget to palce a space between the NOHARDWARE and the slash after it.

Apply Changes
click Ok

enjoy ACAD !

Message 40 of 40
MESHBobi

Hi
R_click on ACAD shortcut --> properties ---> in Target Field make this change:

Before Change you see this: “C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2014\acad.exe” /product ACAD /language “en-US

After change you will have : “C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2014\acad.exe” /NOHARDWARE /product ACAD /language “en-US

(Just NOHARDWARE / has been added)

Do not forget to palce a space between the NOHARDWARE and the slash after it.

Apply Changes
click Ok

enjoy ACAD !

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost