Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

update invalidates serial #/product key

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
penderw
2346 Views, 6 Replies

update invalidates serial #/product key

I allowed Freestyle to install an update, and now have to re-enter my serial # and product key. I cannot find either, can you help?

Thanks,

Warren Pendergast

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
crounsl
in reply to: penderw

hi -

This should not have happened.  Can you post a bit of information about your system - what browser you are using, etc so that we can debug this for future releases?

In the meantime, here is where you can look up your serial number - https://store.autodesk.com/DRHM/store?Action=DisplayDownloadInformationPage&SiteID=adsk&Locale=en_US...

Hope that this helps.

Lisa

Lisa Crounse
Sr. Product Manager
Message 3 of 7
mike_french

For what it's worth, I received the same error during my first out-of-box installation yesterday.  But I simply canceled out of the installer/updater then relaunched Freestyle from the start menu.  It launched without difficulty.  Subsequent deinstalls/reinstalls (to confirm the lack of user selectable installation directories) have not replicated the error.

So I hope you have... tried to launch Freestyle like everything was normal.  If it works, it might give you time to find your key information.

Mike

Message 4 of 7
wbhalper
in reply to: crounsl

Same thing just happened to me.  Downloaded and installed the update, now there's a dialogue box asking me to enter my serial number.

System is nothing special.  I'm runnng Vista, 3Gb Ram, 500Gb HD (that is a clone of a smaller disk that was the original install disk for Freestyle).  The only other Autodesk product installed is SketchBook Pro 2010 R1.

Message 5 of 7
mwn
Community Manager

Hello,

Freestyle's standard installation path is C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD Freestyle.  Is your install path different from this?  For example is Freestyle installed on a 😧 drive or some other situation that is different from the standard?

Thanks,

Michael Nauman

AutoCAD Freestyle Test Devleopment Lead

“https://damassets.autodesk.net/content/dam/autodesk/logos/autodesk-logo-primary-rgb-black-small_forum.png”
Message 6 of 7
mwn
Community Manager
in reply to: mwn

Hello,

For those of you who have been prompted to input your serial number and product key during the Update install could you please answer a few questions for me.

1. What Operating System are you using?
  2. Are you logged in as an administrator when you install the Update ?
  3. What is the path that Freestyle is installed to?  The default is C:\program files\Autodesk\AutoCAD Freestyle
  4. Have any changes been made to your hard drive between the original install and the Update?

Any additional information you could provide to assist us with debugging would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Michael Nauman

AutoCAD Freestyle Test Development Lead

“https://damassets.autodesk.net/content/dam/autodesk/logos/autodesk-logo-primary-rgb-black-small_forum.png”
Message 7 of 7
gruvsyco
in reply to: mwn

Same problem here.  Windows 7 x64.  Freestyle installed to Program Files (x86).

Tried the link above supplied by lisa and it can't find me. 😞

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report