Did you mean: 

Windows Vista, can easily and consistently lock it up if "no" to save

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
studleylee
704 Views, 3 Replies

Windows Vista, can easily and consistently lock it up if "no" to save

It's a great tool, but unfortunately:

The reason I got this was for marking up dxf files from various sources.

Problems/bugs:

-This is one of the only programs I regularly have to use task manager to kill when trying to exit. If I choose to not save, it's 50/50 if if will exit or lock up.

-Not having and OVAL option on the circle makes dxf markups ugly resorting to freehand drawing.

recap:

Windows Vista, can easily and consistently lock it up if "no" to save, no "Oval" detriment to markup usefulness.

-help?

-Lee

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
avto
in reply to: studleylee

hi Lee,

Does this happen on every dxf file?

Could you provide a sample dxf file that hangs Freestyle and forces to you to kill the program from task manager?

I’m also wondering how much system RAM and what video card (video drivers) you have in your system.

Regarding having an OVAL option in Freestyle, you can add this in Freestyle wish list, here is the link

https://autocadfreestyle.autodesk.com/wishlist

Regards,

Avto Chachava
Autodesk Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 3 of 4
studleylee
in reply to: avto

Hi Avto, Its been awhile, I just re-installed with the latest yesterday, but I can still do the lockup.

attached is a file that will lock. I add a few dimensions. (Variations include:) then exit by using the upper-right dialog X w/o saving, and 70% of the time I have to close/kill Freestyle using TaskManager.

-cpu: Intell QuadCore Q6600 2.4ghz

-video: Nvidia GeForce 8500 GT

-Vista Home Premium 32

-4gigs sytem ram installed but limited by Win32

Message 4 of 4
studleylee
in reply to: studleylee

I found that when I get the dialog on opening " to open as read only" if I choose:"yes" was the problem. I thought I could

make my markups and save under a new name so 'read-only' would seem to be ok. That's what feaks Freestyle out.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report