AutoCAD Freestyle

reyrey4
Message 1 of 2 (390 Views)

Very slow, constant error messages and unexpected closing

390 Views, 1 Replies
12-09-2010 04:15 PM

Freestyle has been unbearably slow. For example, I click the area I want to insert text and I am literally twiddling my thumbs and waiting for it to register the command and the cursor to pop up. I know CAD programs are huge, but I have enough space on my computer - I defragged and tried all the other ways of clearing unnecessary files and such off my computer, but there was no noticeable difference. Honestly, there isn't a time when I'm working on a drawing that it isn't functioning at the same slow pace. I feel like I'm missing something huge here?

Here's some background:

- I recently purchased the disc, but had the trial version still on my computer, so all I had to do was put in the serial number and such.

- I am solely doing 2-D drawings of residential homes with minimal landscape features. There are in no way complicated drawings.

- In addition to the slowness, it closes down on me with messages like "Fatal Error" or AutoCAD has encountered an error and needs to close unexpectedly..." etc, and generally doesn't tell me why.

This probably comes across as a vague request for help, but I don't know what else to think of. It's just SLOW! And I'm feeling out if anyone else has run into it. Any suggestions??

Regards,

Frazzled Franny

Product Support
avto
Message 2 of 2 (360 Views)

Re: Very slow, constant error messages and unexpected closing

12-14-2010 03:07 PM in reply to: reyrey4

Hello Frazzled,

The issue you are experiencing most likely is related to your video card or video drivers.   Please check your video card against Autodesk Certified Graphics Hardware List.  We expect Freestyle to work well on certified video cards.

I would also suggest deselecting "Use hardware acceleration for better performance" check box under Options > General Settings >Graphic Display.

Regards,

Avto Chachava
Autodesk Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community