Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very slow, constant error messages and unexpected closing

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
reyrey4
656 Views, 1 Reply

Very slow, constant error messages and unexpected closing

Freestyle has been unbearably slow. For example, I click the area I want to insert text and I am literally twiddling my thumbs and waiting for it to register the command and the cursor to pop up. I know CAD programs are huge, but I have enough space on my computer - I defragged and tried all the other ways of clearing unnecessary files and such off my computer, but there was no noticeable difference. Honestly, there isn't a time when I'm working on a drawing that it isn't functioning at the same slow pace. I feel like I'm missing something huge here?

Here's some background:

- I recently purchased the disc, but had the trial version still on my computer, so all I had to do was put in the serial number and such.

- I am solely doing 2-D drawings of residential homes with minimal landscape features. There are in no way complicated drawings.

- In addition to the slowness, it closes down on me with messages like "Fatal Error" or AutoCAD has encountered an error and needs to close unexpectedly..." etc, and generally doesn't tell me why.

This probably comes across as a vague request for help, but I don't know what else to think of. It's just SLOW! And I'm feeling out if anyone else has run into it. Any suggestions??

Regards,

Frazzled Franny

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
avto
in reply to: reyrey4

Hello Frazzled,

The issue you are experiencing most likely is related to your video card or video drivers.   Please check your video card against Autodesk Certified Graphics Hardware List.  We expect Freestyle to work well on certified video cards.

I would also suggest deselecting "Use hardware acceleration for better performance" check box under Options > General Settings >Graphic Display.

Regards,

Avto Chachava
Autodesk Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report