cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
613 Views, 2 Replies

Usind cad files

My professional designer created my new remodelation project in CAD files with autocad. It has the autocad version 2009 and saved as the 2000 version so i could work with former versions from Autocad.

1. Could I use these files  for autodesk  freestyle.?

2. Could i modify as Autocad files?

3. If not, the modified files could be read by autocad original software?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

Yes, sort of (this issue is common with cheaper end CAD programs from any vendor and a high end program like AutoCAD): while both share the DWG format and are quite "swappable", they each approach a drawing file differently. If you intend to use the DWG files you noted, have your Designer explain this next part for you in more detail: Freestyle will let you edit Paperspace content, but it has no modelspace and the concept of viewports is lost on it.

Your Designer should be able to accommodate you need (modify their drawing file is what they must do), and you will have to realize your designer will still have final control of the DWG file.

Try the demo and find out for yourself: when you pull up your designer's drawing it brings up access to a help chapter discussing it all.

Message 3 of 3
crounsl
in reply to: Anonymous

Here is a direct link to that article - https://autocadfreestyle.autodesk.com/exchange-dwg-files-other-dwg-based-products

The important thing to note is that you can not edit files created in AutoCAD in AutoCAD Freestyle.  You can view them and mark them up, but you can not change the gemoemtry, text, etc. 

Any drawing that you create or mark up in AutoCAD Freestyle can be opened and used in AutoCAD or any DWG-based application.

Lisa Crounse
Sr. Product Manager

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report