Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Still Script Error issue and Accessing parts of program

13 REPLIES 13
Message 1 of 14
db95
1181 Views, 13 Replies

Still Script Error issue and Accessing parts of program

This my second request for help for this script issue and now there are other issues. First post

was 6/29/2010

If there is no Tech support for these issues, please let me know,

I will then cancel my purchase of the Freestyle Program

See Attachments

Thank You

13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14
avto
in reply to: db95

Based on the screen shots you provided this issue doesn’t appear to be Freestyle program related, but points to your web browser or CTools configuration settings.

What version of IE are you using?

Have you tried accessing https://autocadfreestyle.autodesk.com with a different browser (i.e. Firefox)?

What internet security application are you running, have you tried turning it off just for testing purposes?

Could you try uninstalling CTools and see if that resolves the issue?

Avto Chachava
Autodesk Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 3 of 14
db95

Avto,

Internet Explorer 8 is on the computer. However, Firefox is my refault browers

I clicked the link to freestyle.autodesk.com in Firefox and the same Ctools cahe message appeared

I have AVG anti-virus and the standard Windows firewall . On or off no difference

Ctools I have no idea where to find it. Even did a search for CTools no specificinfo. came up.

Please understand I'm not much more then a novice when it comes to fixing computer issues

I build houses and would like to learn this program and expand my working with it.

thanks for your help

Don

Message 4 of 14
avto

Hi Don,

Thanks for the follow up.

I just noticed the message “Unable to create CTools CSS cache directory.  Check the permissions on your files directory.” when clicking on “Wish List”, “Tips & Tricks”, “Learning” tabs of https://autocadfreestyle.autodesk.com site.

Since I have not had any issues with browsing on the web site, I haven’t even noticed this message before.  So that message can be safely ignored. I have attached screenshots of IE 8 > Internet Options > Advanced settings, please check your browser settings against it.

Please let me know if this helps.

Regards,

Avto

Avto Chachava
Autodesk Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 5 of 14
db95

Avto,

I appreciate the attachment for Internet Explorer8, that was a big help . However it did not stop the script error message

Regarding the Ctool configuration. Its probably my lack of computer knowledge, but i can not find any file directories that

shows Ctool any where even when I click this site you set me.   https://autocadfreestyle.autodesk.com/

What do we do now?

Don

Message 6 of 14
avto

Sorry to hear that the script errors didn’t go away after adjusting internet security settings.

The script errors you are getting is a Java Script errors in your Internet Explorer browser, it means that some of the coding that is on the Web page is not compatible with your browser.  Since changing the browser setting as per my recommendation didn’t help and you are getting the same errors with Firefox, try the executing the following commands from Start > Run dialog box:

regsvr32 jscript.dll

regsvr32 wshom.ocx

regsvr32 scrrun.dll

Avto Chachava
Autodesk Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 7 of 14
crounsl

hi -

These script errors were appearing on many browsers.  This was a bug with the website and it has been fixed.  Sorry for the inconvenience.

Lisa

Lisa Crounse
Sr. Product Manager
Message 8 of 14
db95

Avto,

I apologize that I was not able to respond to your help sooner

The script error messages are still appearing.

When  the Freestyle program opens to the main view and then I click "View more drawings in the gallery" the window Community And Learning opens the script error message displays, I do not see the CTools problem displayed, however when I click any tabs,I receive the script error and when I click Learning it says there are 42 suggestions  but I can access any of the suggestions. Also, when I click FeedBack it will not allow me to type in the required areas.

Do I need to remove  Freestyle and re-install it? If yes, do I just re-enter my serial number.

When I open the web link below in FireFox without opening the the program there are no script error and I can access all tabs without script error messages and the two tabs mentioned above open fully and are functional. Same is not true when I open with Internet Explorer 8

Don

(https://autocadfreestyle.autodesk.com/)

Message 9 of 14
db95

Avto,

I executed the three commands and all three responses can back  "succeeded"

Don

Message 10 of 14
avto

Hi Don,

Good to hear that you are not receiving those errors in Firefox, but only in IE8 and Freestyle’s constrained browser.  So perhaps the easiest workaround would be first clicking on ? while in open Freestyle session,  and then clicking on ‘Help Shape the Future of AutoCAD Freestyle’.  This should open https://autocadfreestyle.autodesk.com web page in your default browser (I think it’s Firefox) and you will be able to navigate on the site without error, check Gallery, view Trips & Tricks, suggest a feature, submit a Feedback.

Freestyle reinstallation may fix errors in Freestyle’s constrained browser, so if you would like to give it a try, uninstall Freestyle from Windows Add or Remove programs applet, then restart the computer and install it again.  Please make sure that when installing Freestyle you have your antivirus and Internet security application turned off or disabled.  You can use your serial number during Freestyle installation.

Regards,

Avto Chachava
Autodesk Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 11 of 14
crounsl

hi -

One thing to keep in mind is that this error message won't affect your ability to view any of the content on the web site.

Lisa

Lisa Crounse
Sr. Product Manager
Message 12 of 14
db95
in reply to: avto

Avto,

This is getting ridicules. I have tried every thinf=g that you or Lisa has suggested and all or part of the problem still exist.

I re-installed the program from my download file. Only because there was no other way to install it from my order form or from the web site., even tho there was direction to the contrary.

I really want to use this program but that does not seem possible. I don't think its right that I have to leave the program and go to the web site OR keep clicking out of the script error message. So how do I get my money back and we can go our separate ways.

I know you have tried to help, but enough is enough. I'm not a computer expert, I just want learn to use the program, not be a computer tech. I think it would have been more helpful if I could have talked to you or if could have accessed my computer.

Thank you,again. I await your reply and directions.

Don

Message 13 of 14
avto

Hi Don,

Sorry for the inconvenience and frustration these error messages are causing you when working in Freestyle.

Please provide your contact phone number and I’ll call you sometime today. We can set up a webex session, so that I can work remotely on your system and better understand the issue.

Regards,

Avto

Avto Chachava
Autodesk Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 14 of 14
db95
in reply to: crounsl

Avto,

Thank you very much for this additional offer of help

I'll be away from my home/office until about 2PM (EST)after that I will be home.

You can call me on my cell before 2PM, if you want to confirm a time and I'll be sure to be home

Home # 727-789-6559

Cell # 727-798-8301

Again Thank You for your kindness.

Don

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report