AutoCAD Freestyle (Read Only)
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not too Usable and Talk About Bad Uninstall!

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
RiteGuy
360 Views, 1 Reply

Not too Usable and Talk About Bad Uninstall!

I found Project Cooper to be too limited in so many ways to be of use to me. But the worst was how poorly it uninstalled. It seemed like the uninstall left hundreds of files behind and over 6000 related registry entries! Obviously, I didn't check every file and registry entry, but a cursory review showed that the majority appeared to be left behind by the Project Cooper uninstall routine.

I wish programmers wouldn't be so sloppy in their work! And you guys need to let people know that the uninstall does virtually no cleanup of your mess! I'm accustomed to using beta (even alpha) software, but I was compelled to speak out when I saw how poorly your app uninstalled. Don't look to me for any more input, I can't afford the time to manually cleanup after slobs!
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
crounsl
in reply to: RiteGuy

It sounds as if your uninstall failed as the Project Cooper uninstall does remove all files and registry entities when completed successfully. A copuple of months ago we posted a quick fix to this situation as it was encountered by a number of users. We're sorry that it happened - it has been fixed for our next update and you can quickly rectify the situation by doing the following -

You can uninstall Cooper simply by inputting below command in Start -> Run:

msiexec /x {5783F2D7-9031-0409-0000-0060B0CE6BBA}

Again, sorry that your uninstall failed.

Lisa

Lisa Crounse
Product Manager

Lisa Crounse
Sr. Product Manager

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report