AutoCAD Freestyle (Read Only)
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation error - Application does not support just-in-time (JIT)

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
5655 Views, 7 Replies

Installation error - Application does not support just-in-time (JIT)

I purchased 2 copies of FreeStyle. I installaed 1 copy on my ofice machine and it installed and ran great. I then installed the second copy on my home machine and got an error on start up (after installation). Application does not support just-in-time (JIT) debugging Both machines are Windows 7 and the hardware is almost identical. Both have suffecient resources to scream. I plan on using the home machine more than the office machine and I need some help to get it going. Attached is a full expansion ofthe error. Thanks, Danny
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
avto
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello Danny,

Based on the error message this appears to be the .NET related issue. Have you tried reinstalling Freestyle?

If not please uninstall Freestyle, restart the system, then disable your antivirus or security application and try installing it again.  This time please check Freestyle install log file in user’s temp folder (type %TEMP% in Windows explorer and hit Enter key) and provide the log file.

Regards,

Avto Chachava
Autodesk Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous

As requested...  I did an uninstall of Freestyle.  I then turned off all my anti-virus software.  Next I reinstalled and when launching the program I received another error message.  I then went to the TEMP folder to locate the install log as instructed.  However, there isn't a file with that name (or even close) in that directory.  I am attaching a print screen of the TEMP folder with all the files created at the time and date of the reinstall.  Also attaching the full text of the new error message.  And finally the AcadFreestyleSetup.log.  I hope this gives you a clue as to what's next.

Thanks,

Message 4 of 8
avto

JIT error usually relates to some corruption in .NET framework.  The workaround typically used in these cases is to reinstall .NET, but since the .NET Framework is installed as OS components on Windows 7 there is no option to uninstall .NET via Add or Remove programs applet.  One can only turn it On or OFF.

Try running Windows update, and then start Freestyle with /nohardware switch.

1. Right-click the freestyle icon on your desktop > Properties
2. By default the Target is: "C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD Freestyle\acadfs.exe”
3. Add a space and then /nohardware at the end, so the new Target would be: "C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD Freestyle\acadfs.exe" /nohardware
4. Apply > OK > Re-launch Freestyle

Regards,

Avto

Avto Chachava
Autodesk Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous

Hello Avto,

Sorry, but I'm back for more.  I did as you instructed (updates and adding /nohardware) and got the same results.  Apparantly the same error "JIT" problems.  Anything else you can suggest?

Thanks!!

Message 6 of 8
avto

Hi Danny,

When you receive JIT errors do you get an option submitting a CER (Certified Error Report)?
If you could submit CER we can have a closer look to what triggers those errors, perhaps there is a bug in the code we are not aware off.

Regards, 

Avto Chachava
Autodesk Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous

No, all the error messages and documentation of the error has been provided.  My only options are "Details" and "continue".  I have sent you all the text associated wiht Details, and when I clik continue nthing happens.  Can you tell me where to go and how to get my money back since I cannot use the software?

Thanks,

Message 8 of 8
avto

Sorry to hear that you are not able to use Freestyle on your home machine, for refunds please refer to the link below

http://store.autodesk.com/servlet/ControllerServlet?Action=DisplayReturnAndCancellationsPage&Env=BAS...

Regards,

Avto Chachava
Autodesk Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report