Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Freestyle Software Special

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
vdmmdscarpets
846 Views, 5 Replies

Freestyle Software Special

Do I need to have any Full blown Autocad Software to install and run the new Freestyle software that is selling for 49.00. ALso is this one time payment or an anual payment? If annual payment then after my expiration date will my freestyle still run or will the software stop working?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
avto
in reply to: vdmmdscarpets

You do not need to have AutoCAD software installed, to run Freestyle, however, before you install Freestyle please have a look at the Graphics hardware recommendation for Freestyle.  The link is below.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-Freestyle/Graphics-hardware-recommendation-for-Freestyle/td-p/...

There is no annual license for Freestyle, so when you purchase Freestyle, you pay once and use it many years.

Avto Chachava
Autodesk Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 3 of 6
pendean
in reply to: avto

It seems to install and run just fine on my Acer Netbook with on-board graphics card inside WinVista and 2Gig RAM, all of which are NOT AutoCAD compatible or AutoCAD capable.

Perhaps you've just not tested it on anything less than a full workstation (not your target Audience's PC of choice for this low end product)? Or are you saying for $79-$99 Freestyle you need to purchase a $1000 PC?

Just curious about your advise here.

Message 4 of 6
avto
in reply to: pendean

Hi Dean,

I’m really glad to hear that Freestyle is working fine on your Acer Netbook with on-board graphics card.

We will be happy to hear that this is true for all Freestyle users, but unfortunately we received many CER (Certified Error Reports) from Freestyle first time users, and after analyzing those reports majority of them were pointing to inadequate graphics card or outdated video drivers. 

Regarding my post on the Graphics hardware recommendation for Freestyle, you noticed correctly, this is the list of Graphics cards we expect Freestyle working fine, but this doesn’t mean that Freestyle will definitely fail to work on anything other than been recommended.   We just have no resources to test Freestyle on every possible computer configuration.  Thus we offer 30-day free trial option for Freestyle, so that potential users can install and test Freestyle on their systems. 

I would suggest that if your system doesn’t have a recommended GPU, install a trial version first and then decide whether Freestyle is a right program for you or not.

I hope this answers your question.

Regards,

Avto

Avto Chachava
Autodesk Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 5 of 6
crounsl
in reply to: pendean

The Freestyle team is running tests on a full gamut of machines - netbooks included.  As Avto mentions, we are unable to test every configuration that is out there, but we are making our best effort to make sure that Freestyle will work for as many configurations as possible.

Lisa Crounse
Sr. Product Manager
Message 6 of 6
pendean
in reply to: crounsl

Here you go boys and girls, one more GPU on the approved list, no need to CYA, err, overhype the requirements  🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report