Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Freestyle Installation Failure

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
piercecotter
844 Views, 2 Replies

Freestyle Installation Failure

I can not install Freestyle from the Student Software site. This is the information associated with the failure. Can you help? I am running Windows 7 Pro

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
avto
in reply to: piercecotter

Based on the error message Error 1310. Error writing to file: C:\Config.Msi\5101112.rbf, it appears that the permissions on c:\Config.Msi folder are restricted.

Please login with your local system Admin account, and then:

1.Open Folder Options dialog window (Go to Start> Search, type Folder Options and hit Enter key).

2.Click on View tab and under Hidden files and folders, select 'Show hidden files, folders or drives'.

3.Now go to c:\ drive, right click on Config.Msi folder and  select Properties

4.In Config.Msi folder Properties dialog window click on Security tab

5.Please make sure that Administrators and System accounts have Full control permission and click OK to close Config.Msi Properties dialog window.

Before installing Freestyle, please make sure you disable your Internet security applications as well as Windows firewall and antivirus software, then try installing Freestyle and let us know the result.

Avto Chachava
Autodesk Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 3 of 3
piercecotter
in reply to: piercecotter

Hmmmm, I am the administrator, all permissions were already allowed, and I turned off all firewalls and virus controls prior to the second installation attempt after it failed the first time. I will try again.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report