Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Freestyle 3 questions

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
mattm1958
726 Views, 1 Reply

Freestyle 3 questions

Hi. I had three questions on Fresstyle. TIA.

1) Can it share files with the regular Autocad? Can I send and receive or just send?

2) can Freestyle drive a D size plotter or is there a way to get D size plots (using a Viewer?)

3) when does the $79.00 promo rate end?

Thanks so much.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
crounsl
in reply to: mattm1958

hi -

I have three answers for you!

1. DWG files created in AutoCAD Freestyle can be opened in AutoCAD and all of the geometry, text, etc. can be edited in AutoCAD.  (unless you have added a "Sketch Overlay" which is functionality that has just been added to Freestyle.  That has some limitations in AutoCAD as it is a raster image, but I digress.)

AutoCAD Freestyle can open DWG files from other applications, but the layers will be locked.  You can draw over them on new layers, but you can not edit the content.  AutoCAD Freestyle is not intended to be an application used for editing DWG drawings or for printing and plotting of large drawings sets.

I have attached a paper that has more information on the topic and you can also read more here.

2. Freestyle does not have plotter drivers.  It is really intended for printing to desktop printers.  You could save a PDF and print that out on large paper, but it won't be to scale if you "fit to paper."  Since Freestyle is like drawing on paper, your scale is associated with the drawing size.

3. The end date for the $79 promotion has not been announced. 

Hope this helps.  Feel free to ask more questions!

Lisa Crounse
Sr. Product Manager

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report