Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drawing Moves Freely From Grid

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
bradleybhuizenga
741 Views, 2 Replies

Drawing Moves Freely From Grid

Is it a common problem that in a drawing session, the drawing occasionally moves free from the grid, requiring you to realign the drawing before beginning to work again? If not, what do you think can be causing this problem? The program does operate a little slower on my computer (It is running through Parallels on Windows XP (SP3) on my Macbook Pro). Let me know what you think! Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
avto
in reply to: bradleybhuizenga

I have not experienced nor heard up until now that in a drawing session, the drawing occasionally could move free from the grid.  I suspect the issue might be relates to either .NET frameworks or inadequate video card/drivers.   Please check your video card against Autodesk Certified Graphics Hardware List.  We expect Freestyle to work well on certified video cards.

I would also suggest deselecting "Use hardware acceleration for better performance" check box under Options > General Settings >Graphic Display.

Avto Chachava
Autodesk Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 3 of 3

Thank you for your help. I believe that the it was a little bogged down from the hardware acceleration. However, the drawing will still less occasionally move free from the grid and it can be forced free from the grid using my Macbook Pro Trackpad by doing a two digit slide in either direction. I am not sure if that pan command has anything to do with the drawing's orientation, but that is how I would readjust the drawing back onto its grid.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums