AutoCAD Freestyle (Read Only)
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCad 'Classic" or AutoCad FreeStyle...

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
ipselute
460 Views, 3 Replies

AutoCad 'Classic" or AutoCad FreeStyle...

What should i choose: AutoCad 'Classic" or AutoCad FreeStyle? What's the difference (beside the name, of course)? If the FreeStyle is new, could you adapt it to work in Ubuntu?
P.S. I really miss the old command line of the 'Classic'. It got me out of much trouble (i hate to 'hunt' down icons and commands all over my desktop).
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
crounsl
in reply to: ipselute

It really depends on what sort of work you are trying to do. If you are an infrequent user and you want to do some very basic 2D conceptual sketches or drawings, then you should give the AutoCAD Freestyle Technology Preview a try. It is intended for entry-level users and has a very limited feature set.

If you need a full featured professional level CAD application complete with 2D and 3D functionality, a command line, full customization, etc, etc then AutoCAD is probably best for you. We have free trial versions of both so that you can decide for yourself.

Lisa

Lisa Crounse
Product Manager, AutoCAD Freestyle Technology Preview

Lisa Crounse
Sr. Product Manager
Message 3 of 4
GrumpyGrizzly

To start with, it's about $4,000.00 cheaper than Classic, doesn't have lisp routines, palettes are pretty basic, quite a few things really.
Message 4 of 4
ipselute

Yeah, and about $4,000.00 less productive. I don't care about LISP, but ARX objects would be really helpful. They saved this software from total oblivion by introducing those symbol (a.k.a.block) libraries. All those doors, windows - quite nice.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report