Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD Freestyle Custom Installation Directory

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
737 Views, 1 Reply

AutoCAD Freestyle Custom Installation Directory

Repeat installations of Freestyle all duplicate the behavior of not allowing the user to select a custom installation directory.  Can Autodesk confirm that the installer does not allow custom installation locations, and if so, please take this as request to allow custom installations in future releases.

The vast majority of software permits the user the option of choosing a custom location, including other Autodesk products.  In some cases, this is a necessity due to desired or mandated disk partitioning (involving at least a system O/S partition).  Further, the type of user who would use a product like Freestyle is likely able to intelligently choose the installation parameters, especially given that even Microsoft Office allows its users to make these choices.

Although I am new to Freestyle, I've used Autodesk products for more than a decade (including beta testing Inventor).  From this perspective, I find the lack of user-selectable installation parameters (if true) to be disturbing, even insulting.

Regards,

Mike

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
avto
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello Mike,

Unfortunately, currently Freestyle installation doesn’t have an option selecting a custom installation directory. 

Here is the link to Freestyle Wish List, where Freestyle users suggest a feature that they would like to see implemented in Freestyle as well as vote for other users suggestions, thus letting Freestyle development team prioritize user requests.

Please log your suggestion regarding implementing a control for selecting a custom installation directory there, hopefully other Freestyle users can find your request useful and vote for it.

Regards,

Avto

Avto Chachava
Autodesk Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report