Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Importing files to AutoCad and editing them

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
shosler
480 Views, 1 Reply

Importing files to AutoCad and editing them

Ok, i would like to know how our old Cad guy would take PDF's from BlueBeam and put them in AutoCad.

Example: I added serveral notes to camera port detail in BlueBeam. Somehow our old Cad guy, would copy just that 1 detail and put it in model space. Its really cool because theres layers to the copied detail so you can edit/make changes in AutoCad. The importing kinda messed a few of the lines up, like the arc line caulking joints i made. AutoCad can select the caulking joints i made in BlueBeam and i can then delete them and make a new ones in AutoCad.

I figured out how to import a whole PDF document into AutoCad but the page you insert in not clickable/changeable and its the whole page.

I'm attaching what the old Cad Guy did. You can see that he imported just 1 detail and not a whole page. And its clickable/changeable.

Please help.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
pendean
in reply to: shosler

Again, in the wrong forum: let the forum admin know what your AutoCAD version is so that it can be moved to the correct forum.

PS: your file contains no PDF information, looks like you guy used a translation software to convert a PDF to a DWG file. He used a purchased or 3rd party program to do so, not an option if you only have AutoCAD.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost