I am trying to add our company part # to the BOM.
I added the attribute (NER#) to the panel symbol
I run it from projects/reports/panel reports/ Bill Of Material.
I have modifided the PUR_PBOM.SET to include the following
i added all of these at the end of all the others under those headings
In the report i can select to add the column (NER#) to the report and it comes up but with the wrong info.(the value is 98765 but it shows up as 101)
Any 1 have an idea what I am doing wrong???
Attached is the file with my changes in red
Thanks in advance for any help
Solved! Go to Solution.
I am not sure if what you are trying to do would work, but there is an easier way.
In the Catalog Database, there are 3 USER fields for our use (USER1, USER2,USER3). I use USER1 for my internal (company) part numbers.
After filling these out in the database, I then just added USER1 to the report ( I renamed it "Company P/N"), and the info was readily available.
I hopoe this helps.
Ace User since 1998
I knew I could do it that way.
I guess I am just a glutten for punishment and was trying to...
1) better understand how the BOM reports work.
2) get it to work (too much time on my hands)
I took your advice and made it work.
In playing with it a little more I made it so the only change from the original pur_pbom.set is the heading which I changed from user1 to NER#.
everything works fine
thanks for the help