I have been working with Inventor for many years an are now trying to use ACE to make electrical drawings and get use for the interoperability of ACE-Inventor. I am also new to electrical drawings.
The problem I ran into is when I have schematic terminals (see attached pic) with different wires attached to both ends and try to export those to Inventor.
The schematic terminal seems to only accept one pin (number) while the Inventor (3D) terminal model (see attached pic) has two pins which ends up with that all automatic wiring connects to only one side of the terminal after importing the XML-file (import harness data).
I have tried to edit the correct pins to PinL and PinR properties of the terminals without any effect.
Can the terminals only have one pin?
Should two terminals represent one physical terminal? If so, how do I connect the terminals without getting a wire between them?
Have I missed something or should I do this in another way?
I think the problem is that ACE ignore the PinL and PinR properties for the terminal.
The pin-labels does not show up in the scheme and has no effect when exported/imported to Inventor Harness.
I have also tried to specify the component by "Catalog lookup" and choose "Weidmüller WTR 2.5" but still no pin assignment.
Is this a bug or have I done something wrong?
I'm pretty sure the problem lies within Inventor. I don't belive Inventor support multiple pins with the same pin number, and as AcadE sees it, all wires are connected to the same "pin number" on a terminal.
The communication between AcadE and Inventor is basically only working well with cable harnesses, i.e. external wiring going between "locations" in your inventor model.
Please select "Accept As Solution" if this post answers your question. Kudos don't hurt either. ;-)
I solved this by using the block attributes "X1TERM01-04". The export to Inventor then worked just fine with the assigned pin numbers.
I also ran into problems with the "1-phase power supply"-symbol in the IEC-libraries. The pin "TERM04", which is set to "+" by default, is not set as a wire connection pin (which can be seen by opening it in symbol builder).
This resulted in that the pin at export was assigned a number "01-06" instead.
After copying and adding the TERM04 pin everything worked out fine.