I have a problem with a database created in MS Access. Vlookup function not working properly.
There are certain fields that the Acad "freezes" and stops operating. Autocad not indicate an error and only close the application.
With the previous version of AutoCAD 2009, works fine.
What could be wrong? I have Autocad Electrical 2013 SP1
If the issue also happens in the AutoCAD Electrical 2013 RTM version?
And is it possible for you to send us the test database file to reproduce the issue? you can remove most of the data in the database, and just remain limited records, but can still reproduce the issue.
You can directly send the file to me by firstname.lastname@example.org
If AutoCAD Electrical freezes or locks up when performing a catalog lookup, it could have to do with some table fields being empty in the database default_cat.mdb. At the very least, fields 1, 2, 4, and 5 must be populated for all records. We've seen this lockup issue caused by table records which don't conform to this. Once the lockup occurs, even switching back to the default catalog database (MDB) file won't correct the freezing behavior.
If you've confirmed that another Windows user works fine on the same workstation, then try the following:
- In the AutoCAD Electrical folder on the Windows Start menu, run Migrate Custom Settings > Export AutoCAD Settings. This will create a ZIP file with backup copies of your CUI, LIN, CTB/STB, fonts, and other support files.
- Open the Windows Registry Editor and browse to the following key:
ACAD-x007:409 (where the x value will vary with the version of Electrical that you have installed)
- Use the Registry Editor's File pull-down menu to export the ACAD-x007:409 key (for backup purposes)
- Delete the ACAD-x007:409 key
- Replace the default_cat.mdb with the default version or one that is known to be working
- Launch AutoCAD Electrical
The deleted registry key will be rebuilt and catalog lookup functionality should return to normal.
GCSO - Frontline Technical Support
I made each of the steps, but not fixed.
What I have found is that by using the new version 2013, was detected to be "frozen" in some sections. Giving revision was detected to be re-formatted headers in the database works with this new version.
But it works fine one time, and the next time that I open the base with a VLOOKUP "freezes" the acad.. and does "corrupt" the database ..
any other ideas?
I attach the compact version of the database with the explain of the case..
Thanks a lot!