OK,... these wire numbers are very close to making me go back to striaght up ACAD for my schematics.
Can anyone explain why a wire layoer that is marked as a "no wire number" layer.... gets wire numbers? What's the point of setting the wire number status to "NO", it the system is going to go ahead and number these wires anyway?
Sorry for the rant, but it would be quicker and less painfull for me to number my wires manually with a pencil than it is to figure out the correct and working way to do it in ACADE.
Everyone go back to their knitting, rant over.
Solved! Go to Solution.
Just curious, did the wire have a destination arrow on it? I think that would override the setting for that drawing.
The wire numbering is controlled by a fewof things. If you have a terminal that has two different wires going to it and one of then has "Wire Numbering" turned on, it will assign a wire number to the layer with it turned off.If you have the wire layer on one drawing with wire numbers turned on and then use a source arrow to jump to a different drawing with a destination arrow to a wire layer with wire numbering turned off, the wire will get a wire number.
There are more but those are the first couple that come to mind.
Ace User since 1998
I have had that problem too. ACE2012 Stupid isnt it! I just put it dowe to ACE being buggy. I am not under time constraints so it is easy for me to just correct it.
Cheers John Quigley
I think I'm having the same issue with wire numbers on layer "WIRENO_HIDE".
If I hide a wirenumber, using the Hide Wirenumber tool, it doesn't stay hidden once I close reopen the drawing; basically the layer doesn't stay frozen. Is there a work around that will keep this layer frozen? I also want to freeze the "XREFCHILD" layer too, so I would greatly appreciate some help with this..
I haven't had time to thouroughly vet this solution, but I was advised to run a repai on my installation, and the drawing I was initially having trouble with seems to be working fine now. I am cautiously optimistic, but I have been on Inventor work for several days and haven't had time to try out wire numbering on any other drawings that I was having issues with.
I actually just figured out why freezing a layer wasn't working for me.
It technically had nothing to do with ACADE.
I know next to nothing about Lisps but I went through my "S:TARTUP" lisp in Acaddoc.lsp and found a line with this code "(command "._LAYER" "T" "*" "")". Once I commented the line out it stopped thawing my layers when ever I open a drawing.
I would like to keep this line in the lisp but maybe after it have a line or two to freeze some particular layers
How would I have to modify the lisp to freeze a layer like "XREFCHILD",
Good morning all!
I got the chance to get back into some of my schematics this morning, and took the opportunity to re-wire number a several page project. I added a few wire types that were set to "no wire number", used the project utilities to erase all wire numbers and then ran the wire number utility. All wire numbers came in as expected, on the right wires, starting from the right number...
I think it may be safe to say that a repair on my ACADE installation was the answer to all my woes with wire numbers... aside from my not being an electrical guy, and not really understanding half of what I'm doing.
It's just good to know that I'm not a complete idjit.