Thanks. Edited by: hanchris on May 5, 2010 6:31 PM
I realize that this is an old thread, but I thought I'd reply so that it might be useful to others searching for this information. Here is the method to redirect the project scratch database files in AutoCAD Electrical 2013. For other versions, the path locations will be the same, but the names will vary slightly.
- Close AutoCAD Electrical.
- Create a new folder where you want the project scratch database files to reside.
- Copy the lastproj.fil file from C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\AutoC
AD Electrical 2013\R19.0\enu\Support\User and paste it into the new folder you made in step 2. (Note that on Windows XP, the path will be C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data\Autodesk\AutoCAD Electrical 2013\R19.0\enu\Support\User.)
- Open the WD.env file in Notepad and edit it as shown in this screen capture:
- Close and save the changes to the WD.env file.
- Launch AutoCAD Electrical and verify that the scratch database files are now being stored in the new specified location.
GCSO - Frontline Technical Support