I'd like to use JIC tags with IEC symbols. Is this possible ?
The purpose is to use a wd_fam.dat file so that i can convert some component's tag like this :
(we don't have any standard for tagging component - we are final user and old machines are from many builder)
If i use it with IEC tags and symbol, it is not possible to use the above file.
Actually, i can only try to do it :
but with ACE2009 MS family will have KA TAG1 instead of my wanted KM
and in ACE2010 MS family will have DJ TAG1 instead of my wanted KM
I read several topic on this purpose, but no fitting answers were given.
My config :
Job computer : ACE 2009/Win7 64Bits
Personal laptop : ACE 2010 Education/Win7 32Bits
Thanks in advance for help,
Ok, one way i found thanks to reading old topics :
-Save a copy of my IEC2 libs
-Change TAG1 as the family code in each component
-Then create the wd_fam.dat according to my want
No one could suggest an easier way, without "hard" modification ?
We are adding FAMILY=CR (or whatever family it needs to be) to the textvalue field in the catalog for each item we use. We eliminated all of the catalog items we do not use so our catalog is significantly smaller than what comes from Autodesk. then when the device is inserted or retaged the family is changed to the entry in the catalog.
I changed TAG1 on .dwg file : it's working. For example, i changed the TAG1 value of VMS1.dwg from Q to KM.
[but i have problem to understand which library ACE is using. To me it should search same order it is indicated in the Project properties as i show in the appendix.]
Scott, as i understand your advice, you edit the <Manufacturer>_cat.mdb catalog with the "FAMILY=CR" in the TextValue for each reference existing. I made it works to edit the Family, the TAG1 remain unchanged. So i tried "TAG1=CR", but appears to not work.
On my job computer with ACE 2009, i am not able to find the <Manufacturer>_cat.mdb.
Actually, what i want reach is to change the TAG1 = Q into TAG1 = MS (for MS Family) and so on.
Okay, your path statements are fine. But, ACADE is looking inside your .env file for the catalog database to use. Also, look in your drawing and project properties to make sure components are being tagged with %F as part of the default tag name. And finally, make sure your existing tags that you want to change are not 1) fixed and 2) using the Option button to hard code the format for the tag.
If that is still not working, post a sample drawing file here so I can check it out.
My component's tag are %S%F%N and now none of my component are hard coded or fixed. So i can do what i need with this information. Thanks a lot !