The scenario is this:
I have a bunch of drawings with cable markers on them, the cables are named 1, 2, 3 etc. I export the drawings to spreadsheet and then change the cable names eg. from 1 to CA001. I then import the spreadsheet and the tag names update successsfully.
Heres the problem, if I then insert another cable marker named '1' (which doesnt exist anymore because it has been renamed to CA001) it comes up with the duplicate tag warning, I insert it anyway and I can surf from it to the cable markers now named CA001. The cable markers are still holding the original tag name they were given before being changed in Excel eventhough they display the correct tag they were changed to in Excel.
If I export the drawings to spreadsheet again all of the tag names I had updated in Excel change back to what they were originaly eg. from CA001 back to 1.
I have tried deleting the project.mdb file but that doesnt work. Anyone have any suggestions of how I can stop this behavior? Where is the Tag name data stored?
seems like you have some problems with the project database. Did you try a full rebuild?
If that didn´t help I would recommend that you delete the scratch database and reopen the project again with a fresh regenerated database.
Hope this helps
If you have already tried deleting the scratch database "Projectname.mdb" I don´t think that the rebuild will help you any further. Anyway attached is a screenshot showing where to find the full rebuild tool.
Good luck and regards, Gary
I know a work around that works to fix this issue and the wonderful "No data to display" issue for reports.
1. Remove all drawing from the project with the issue.
(remove every single one, DO NOT DELETE THE DRAWINGS OR THE PROJECT)
it clears out the project database, somehow it fixes issues that a normal rebuild doesn't.
2. Re-add the drawings to the project using the "Add Drawings" Command
3. save the project
4. re-run the Export and it should be working properly.
Before you do any of the above, just let me know if started seeing the issue after a Crash.
If it started happening after a crash I would just run an audit on the page experincing the issue.
i hope this helps,
Thanks Gary, I hadnt seen that there before, good to know.
Thanks James, not sure if it started after a crash or not but its very possible, for the moment I have manualy changed the tag names for all the cable markers having the problem but these will all need to be changed again in a future revision so I will give your method a go then if the problem is still there. I will let you know how I go. Thanks again.