AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Heidi Driver

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
imoneluckyman
3755 Views, 4 Replies

Heidi Driver

I have recently upgraded to AutoCAD Electrical 2012. When I open the program, I get an error message stating, "The configured Heidi driver cannot be loaded. Switching to default hardware driver."

This happens every time I open the program and also every time I enter a command. I really need some help with this problem please.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

This is video driver related. Try this: Type 3Dconfig at the command line and press your Enter key.  Choose Manual Tune and uncheck 'Enable hardware acceleration."  If this solves the issue, it can indicate that your video driver is not up to the standards required for version 2012.  You may need to update your video driver.  Electrical can function without the hardware acceleration, though you might see a slide degradation in speed.

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.
Message 3 of 5

Hi,

Try to go to Options dilaog, System tab, click Performance Settings button, click Manual Tune button, turn off check box "Enable hardware acceleration", click OK (see attached screenshot). Then relaunch your Autocad Electrical application.

Regards,

Kevin Li

Kevin-Hongyuan Li
Software Quality Assurance Engineer
Design, Lifecycle and Simulation Product Group
Direct: +86 21 2039 6025
Email: Hongyuan.Li@autodesk.com
Autodesk, Inc.
NO. 130, Lane 91, E Shan Rd
Building 12, Floor 6,
Shanghai 200127, PRC
www.autodesk.com
Message 4 of 5

That was supposed to read as "slight degradation in speed". Spellcheck nailed me.

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.
Message 5 of 5
Piffo
in reply to: KevinLi-Autodesk

I have the same problem with Autocad 2012 and a Nvdia Quadro FX2800 M

I think it's unbelievable that after months (years, maybe) that people is reporting this problem on various ACAD versions ... Autodesk does not have a better solution apart from "deactivate hardware accelleration".

Why did I spend over 200€ on a graphic card if i cannot use it properly?

Oh, by the way: maybe this problem can be solved with proper "performance tuned" drivers? I updated my graphic cards driver last night, and the problem popped up this morning.

We're still waiting for ACAD 2012 performance drivers, huh.

Sorry for the rant, but all these problems are driving me (and my workstation) crazy. 

Filippo

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost