I have a project with a bunch of relay coils on 1 drawing and a single contact for each coil on another drawing.
The problem I am having is getting the graphical component cross reference to display next to the coil.
I have tried doing a "component cross reference" update, deleting the project mdb file, closing and reopening the project and also a "swap/update block".
There are 2 coils on the drawing that are showing the graphical cross reference and they work fine, they also work if a copy them and rename them to one of the coils that isnt working but I dont want to have to do that for every one.
Try editing the contacts that are not showing up. Do a PROJECT search and tie them dierectly to the coil.
That should fix your problem.
You may recognize me from the
hundreds of previous newsreader posts
I've made over the last 5 years
as Brad Coleman
Thanks Brad but I forgot to mention i have tried that to, it was actually how I had to link them in the first place but I have tried doing it again and still no luck
Just worked out a way to get it working, not ideal but the quickest way I can find that works.
Im using the swap/update block to swap each of the coils for another parent symbol (i chose a pushbutton), then swap the pushbuttons back to a coil symbol and run the cross reference update.