Just trying to decide what's the best way to organize a component catalog.
All too many components are modular, so that you can extend their functionality.
AcadE supports at least 2 ways to do this. ASSYCODE/LIST and MULTIPLE CATALOG.
My test show that ASSYCODE/LIST is "nice", but doesn't go all the way.
- It doesn't seem to get pinlist-data for the sub-assemblies
- It doesn't support Item-numbers for the sub-assemblies
- Works with pinlist-data, if i select the "manually" in the edit component dialog
- Works with item numbers for each sub component.
- If I use the "TEXTVALUE: MFG01=SCHNEIDER;CAT01=LA1KN11" the pinlist functionality doesn't work
I've read that some users have panel components with the MFG/CAT-values already set. Problem is, many of my customers don't draw panel drawings.
What some customers would like, is to have a catalog code like
ANd this would give us a green pushbutton woth 1 NO and 1 NC contact in the BOM.
However.. in the BOM, CUSTOMERNAME and PBGN11 would also appear as a part to be ordered.. But.. this is only a "dummy" part that should contain all sub-parts needed to build this pushbutton.
So... Any tips on how to solve this... May of our customers are used to other CAE-solutions that handles this, so we want to make AcadE as good as possible to get these sales.
Please select "Accept As Solution" if this post answers your question. Kudos don't hurt either. ;-)