I recently installed AutoCad Electrical 2012 and when I opened the program a window pops up that says,
"One or more ActiveX controls could not be displayed because either:
1) your current security settings prohibit running ActiveX controls on this page, or
2) You have blocked a publisher of one of the controls.
As a result, the page might not display correctly."
I have tried turning off my firewall and re-running it, but no success. I have also disabled Kaspersky, my antivirus and tried it and still nothing.
I think this activex problem may have something to do with my activation troubles as well. When I try to activate a blank window pops up and I am unable to do anything to activate my software.
First of all I cannot activiate my software which is a problem, and second there seems to be a problem with activex running with autocad. If anyone has any idea how to fix this I would really appreciate it.
Solved! Go to Solution.
What's your operating System ? Have you installed MS .NET Framework Version 4.0 ? Have you installed latest version of flash player version 10 ?
Attach AcadE2012 System Requirements and Readme for your reference.
Hope this can help you, if still reproduce, pls let me know.
First off thank you for the quick response, I really appreciate it. I tried opening the readme file just to double check but unfortunatly that just opened as a bunch up illegible HTML code. I don't know if this has something to do with me running firefox.
This is usually caused by Java Script execution is disabled in IE browser.
Please try this solution in the Knowledge Base:
P.S. this solution need to authorize ActiveX running enabled in security settings.
Hi Min Keng
Can you please try the following steps if it resolves your problem?
1. Reset the internet explorer settings.
- In Internet Explorer, go to Tools -> Internet Options
- Go to Security Tab, and click on [Reset all zones to default level] button.
- In the same tab, select [Trusted Sites], and click on the [Sites] button.
- Add http://*.autodesk.com and https://*.autodesk.com to the list of trusted sites.
- Apply the settings and restart the Internet Explorer.
2. At this point, launch AutoCAD Electrical (ACADE) and see if the problem is resolved.
3. If the problem still persists, close ACADE and launch IE again.
- Go to Tools -> Internet Options.
- Go to the Advanced Tab and [Restore advanced settings] and [Reset...] the IE settings.
If the problem is still there, we may need to review if there any antivirus programs that are causing the problem.
Let us know if the problem still persists.
I did everything that you said to the letter and I am still getting the same error. I am at a lose here because I even tried shutting down my firewall and still nothing. I also tried turning off Kaspersky which is the anti virus I am running on my computer and still had no success. I really appreciate the help so far and if you have any further ideas on how to fix this I could really use it.