I have a network deployment for acad electrical 2013 64bit. I have tried to deploy to a half dozen different machines and all crash on startup. I have rebuilt the deployment several times using different locations for the shared libraries and such and get the same result. On all of these machines the vanilla profile works fine, it's just the shortcut that tries to load the acade profile that crashes.
The crash takes place right after the splash screen with the loading xxx comments is done and the program tries to load the main window. All I get is the autodesk error reporting thing. I bet you can guess how helpful that is.
Solved! Go to Solution.
Would you please help to provide more information for the issue you encountered? then we can help you to look into the issue.
1. Which Machine you used to create the deployment? Win7 64 OS?
2. Where you put your network deployment? is it in a shared server? is the server Windows 2008 Server?
3. What is the client machines you deploy the deployment? all are Win7 64 OS? Are there any other Autodesk products installed in the same OS already?
4. How you create the deployment? Just by default settings, or you made some specified change to create the network deployment?
5. How you deploy the deployment? just install the deployment from the client machines? or you use the GPO or SCCM to deploy the deployment?
1. Yes, deployment was made on Win 7 64 bit. Machine has 16 gB ram and and I7 processor.
2. Deployment is in a shared folder on a windows server 2003 machine.
3. I have a separate 32 bit deployment that seems to be fine. It is only the 64 bit one that is crashing and all the cients are fully patched Win 7 64. There are several other autodesk products on the machines. Some have vanilla acad, some have revit MEP suite (with acad MEP). all have navisworks. All the other products work fine so I doubt it is a .net issue but you never know.
4. Deployment is mostly default except for libs and AEdata are redirected to a shared folder on a server 2003 machine (same one the deployment runs from but a separate shared location).
5. I am just running the deployment on the client from the shortcut in the deployment folder manually.
Thanks for your help. I let the reporting tool upload data from several of the machines on saturday so if you have access to that it may help. If you need the IP I uploaded them from I can supply that.
So what is your .net version in the client Win7 64 machines? .net 4.0 or .net 4.5?
We will try to reproduce the issue first, then check if there is any solution for the issue.
Sorry for the later reply, we have done a testing to simulate your environment and also your workflow, but we don't encounter the crash in our side.
Is the issue resolved in your side? can you try to do a standalone install in the issue machine and check if there is a problem? and also can you use a clean machine if possible to install the deployment you created, is it also crash?
At the direction of a support person from our dealer, we have rebuilt the deployment several times, installed a local stand alone direct from the dvd using only defaults, taken the test machine off the domain and done all of the above. All scenarios crash on program start up in the same way.
The test machine has only other autodesk products on it, no av or any other software.
The test computer and 4 others all crash at the exact same spot trying to run the program. I have sent the crash dump and install logs to the support person our vendor has made available but have not heard back for over a week now.
I too am now working with a site that's experiencing a very similar startup error with Product Design Suite Ultimate AutoCAD Electrical 2013 64bit. As soon as the application is launched it crashes. Even the "Reset settings to default" button does not work, but it also doesn't crash, just nothing happens.
We attempted to install SP1 for Electrical but the same crash is occuring, on multiple computers too, all from the same deployment.
Oddly, AutoCAD & AutoCAD Mechanical work without error and as expected.
Try setting up a new user profile for Windows and then testing ACAD.
If that works, you have a problem with your windows user profile and may have to delete it and then recreate it. Make sure you export your bookmarks/favourites and any other files that you need.
I have identified the problem in my environment. Any computer that has Bentley Autoplant installed cannot run acad electrical 64 bit. It does not matter if Autoplant was installed before or after acade. Uninstalling Autoplant fixes Acade. Just manually removing the files from Autoplant does not fix it, apparently the AutoPlant installer runs a bunch of regsrv commands as part of the install process and that is what breaks acade. Once I told my dealer support rep this they effectively signed off on it as Autoplant is not their product/problem. I'm sure Bentley is of the same mindset. I have tried both ss3 and ss4 versions of the Bentley product with the same result.
Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register
Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.
|AutoCAD Land Desktop|
|AutoCAD Plant 3D|
|AutoCAD Raster Design|
|AutoCAD Structural Detailing|
|Ecotect Analysis - Desktop Tools|
|Green Building Studio - Web-Based Service|
|Robot Structural Analysis|