cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update other drawings

Update other drawings

When changing the tag, decriptions etc. of a parent component the following dialog appears:

Untitled.png

It would be nice to be able to see where in the project (page no, ref) the related components are and have the option to choose which ones get updated.

4 Comments
drathak
Collaborator

@Tee.Dee wrote:

When changing the tag, decriptions etc. of a parent component the following dialog appears:

Untitled.png

It would be nice to be able to see where in the project (page no, ref) the related components are and have the option to choose which ones get updated.

That is what the "Task" option does, more or less.  Once you add the edits to the Task List here, you can go the the task list and choose what gets done and what gets ignored. (See below.) Because sometimes you know you are doing something that you don't want to propagate.

For a small number of changes, you could maybe combine the dialog box you mention with the items from the task list, but I can easily see it getting way too complicated real quick and would be cumbersome most of the time.

TaskList.png

I agree. The Task List provides great detail about the proposed updates.  I especially like the status field.  My update could be rendered stale if another designer has already executed an update that supercedes mine.

mathalekar
Alumni
Status changed to: Under Review

Thanks for your suggestion. We will evaluate your suggestion for our upcoming releases.

Thanks !

AutoCAD Electrical UX Team

Status changed to: Future Consideration

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost