AutoCAD Electrical General

gbains
Message 1 of 2 (206 Views)

wire reference issues

206 Views, 1 Replies
12-16-2011 07:27 AM

I can't seem to have line reference wire numbers on my ladder. I set it in the project settings to 1,2,3 but the numbers remain the same as the first line number. Any suggestions ?

*Expert Elite*
dougmcalexander
Message 2 of 2 (192 Views)

Re: wire reference issues

12-17-2011 11:19 AM in reply to: gbains

I'm not sure if this is the issue or not, but the wire number doesn't change through node dots.  It will change once you insert symbols onto a rung but it will only change on the side of the symbol that is opposite the ladder rail (bus).  See attached screen capture.  I'm just guessing since I haven't seen your drawing, but this can sometimes be confusing for new users of ACE.  The line reference-based wire numbers can only start if the is a component separating the rung from the rail (bus).

Doug McAlexander
Independent Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical, ecscad, and promis-e implementation

Web site: www.ECADConsultant.com
Phone: (770) 841-8009

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Kudos are also much appreciated.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Manufacturing Community
The Manufacturing Community provides additional access to tips, tutorials, blogs and networking with peers.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD Electrical Category!

The AutoCAD Electrical forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.

Ask the Community