AutoCAD Electrical General

orionbus
Message 1 of 3 (210 Views)

wire numbering

210 Views, 2 Replies
10-20-2003 09:40 PM
i need to carry the io address, wire color and gauge from start to finish as part of the wire number call out. i can't get the io address past the first connection and i can't get the io and color/gauge to come in together. any help would be appreciated
*Autodesk\
Message 2 of 3 (210 Views)

Re: wire numbering

10-20-2003 11:08 PM in reply to: orionbus
Does your assigned wire number also include the color/gauge info all
encoded into the piece of wire number text or is it separate text? How do you
increment the I/O address as you move away from it? Do you add a suffix to each
wire number like I:001/00, I:001/00A, I:001/00B...?
orionbus
Message 3 of 3 (210 Views)

Re:

10-21-2003 04:07 AM in reply to: orionbus
whether right or wrong we don't want unique wire numbers but are forced to because %n is required. our ideal wire number would be something like ORG-E4-5-18.

ORG - wire color
E4 - module
5 - address
18 - gauge

i can get the ORG and 18 when i tag the wires but i can't get the io address E4-5 to combine with ORG and 18 or keep the E4-5 past the first connection off the io module

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Manufacturing Community
The Manufacturing Community provides additional access to tips, tutorials, blogs and networking with peers.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD Electrical Category!

The AutoCAD Electrical forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.

Ask the Community