AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

where are my manufacturer catalogues???

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
waker1der
2439 Views, 3 Replies

where are my manufacturer catalogues???

I have recently installed autocad elec 2014.  During install I selected all the manufacturer catalogues i wanted, about 10 in all.  BUt when I look in the icon catalogue in ac elec 2014 i only see Allen Bradley and ABECAD which are installed by default.  I actually deselected these vendors as i dont use them in my projects.  i have tried reinstalling using add/remove programs but when i look at the list my selections are all there

where are the catalogues stored so i can try and manually add them.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
ricardo_baez
in reply to: waker1der

The image you posted is about inserting panel footprints using vendor menus. The following excerpt is from the help menu.

Pick the item from a vendor icon menu that is preset with specific catalog number data and footprint block names. Choosing from this menu supplies AutoCAD Electrical with the manufacturer and catalog information and the footprint block name, bypassing any look-up.

It can save time if you frequently use the same vendor and panel components. You can apply this method to create client-specific menus making it easier to use the vendor or components that each client prefers.

Insert panel footprints using vendor menus

A vendor icon menu is preset with specific catalog number data and footprint block names. Choosing from this menu supplies the manufacturer and catalog information and the footprint block name, bypassing any look-up.

1. Click Panel tabInsert Component Footprint panelInsert Footprints drop-downManufacturer Menu .
  2. In the Vendor Menu Selection dialog box, select the vendor menu to use and click OK. You can select one from the list or click Browse to search for a vendor (.pnl) menu file.
    Note

This dialog box is also available by clicking Vendor Menu Select on the Vendor Panel Footprint dialog box after a vendor is first selected.

3. In the Vendor Panel Footprint dialog box, select the component to insert from the Symbol Preview window and click OK.

Clicking an icon inserts the footprint into the active drawing as defined by the command in the .pnl file.

4. Select the insertion point on the screen.

AutoCAD Electrical provides you two files Allen-Bradley.pnl and ABECAD.pnl located in the following location:

C:\Users\<user name>\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\AutoCAD Electrical 2014\R19.1\enu\Support

You should have the manufacturers you installed in the default_cat.mdb and footprint_lookup.mdb located in the following location:

C:\Users\<user name>\Documents\Acade 2014\AeData\en-US\Catalogs

Try opening these with Microsoft Access.

Hope this helps.

Ricardo

Message 3 of 4
ryoerger1
in reply to: ricardo_baez

I assume things have not changed since 2014.

I've tried to install the full suite of catalogs twice now and simply cannot find them. What am I doing wrong?

I only see Allen-Bradley.pnl available.

When I look here C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2018\Acade\UserDataCache\My Documents\Acade 2018\AeData\en-US\catalogs, I see "footprint_lookup.mdb". When I open this Microsoft Database I see all the manufacturers listed.

Thank you!

Message 4 of 4
TRLitsey
in reply to: waker1der

Hi there,

Are you sure you followed the mfg install correctly?  You can check this by being on the tab you want, schematic or panel, and use the Icon Menu drop down to open the catalog.  Use a wild card like * to search and list all of the installed entries for the Category.  If you see what you expect, go to your Project Properties and check what your support paths a pointing to.  It is possible to have multiple instances of the various catalogs installed so make sure you are pointing to the one you want.

Good luck

Screenshot - 7_17_2018 , 9_35_18 AM.png

Screenshot - 7_17_2018 , 9_36_29 AM.png

Screenshot - 7_17_2018 , 9_32_46 AM.png

Please mark as a solution if this works for you, kudos are always welcome

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost