AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7
David_S_Barrow
992 Views, 6 Replies

wda file

I am having problems with the user attribute file. I am using AutoCAD Electrical 2011, E.208.0.0 version 3. On Windows 7 Enterprise, 64 bit. Intel i7, 8 gig of RAM.

It is on a standalone license but installed as a network installation. There are 2 seats and both are having the same problem.

I have added an attribute to many of the symbols we use for external devices, (this is just for extra data for the buyers). I created a wda file using the tool on the reports panel. Then run the report tool, select component report, project wide, select change report format, select the attribute in the list and add it to my report list. Then save the format file, this then gives me a report with the extra field added, great eh! However the next time I try to create a report, I start the report generator select component list, and select the format I saved earlier. Then after selecting the drawings to run the report on, the report generator appears, it has 'processing...' at the top left of the data window and it sits there. I've left it processing for at least 10 minutes in the hopes it will sort it self out, but when I click on the window 'Not Responding' appears in the title bar, if I then click the cross at the top right it closes down AutoCAD Electrical. This happens on both our machines, and the only way I can stop it happening is by deleting the wda file. This then returns to the normal report without the extra attribute?

By the way I have tried using a default.wda file but this doesn't work at all, the attribute doesn't appear in the list to be used. I have also tried putting the default file in the USER folder and that doesn't work either.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

What is the name of the attribute you wish to add to reports?  I'm just curious if there might be some odd conflict as a result of the attribute tag.  I would try a different attribute tag name just to see if the problem persists or not.

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.
Message 3 of 7

Hi Doug

The name I gave to the attribute is 'DEL_LOC'. I will try with a different name, thanks.

Message 4 of 7

Hi Doug

changing the attribute name didn't make any difference. However I have noticed that the problem only occurs with the component report. It works fine with the bill of materials? I did have the field width set to 32 characters and thought this could be causing the problem so I reduced it to 16 but it still didn't work.

Message 5 of 7

I was not able to reproduce what you describe. Can you post the .wda file here? Also, to help narrow down what might be happening if you can follow these steps (uppercase indicates a command to type at the command line) and then post the output -

1) LOGFILEON - turns on AutoCAD log file which captures everything on the command line

2) AEONLISPDEBUG - prints extra information on the command line for debugging

3) Run the report as you describe that hangs up

4) ESC out

5) AEOFFLISPDEBUG - turn off AcadE extra stuff

6) LOGFILEOFF - turn off AutoCAD log file capture

7) LOGFILENAME - this gives the file name and location of the log file with everything on the command line.

😎 Post the log file here

Pat Murnen
Principal Content Developer
Product Development – AutoCAD Product Line Group

Autodesk, Inc.

Message 6 of 7

Hello Pat, I did as you asked and attached the files in a zip.

Message 7 of 7

It looks like I need more information and a few more files. So rather than clutter up the discussion board can you email me directly at pat.murnen@autodesk.com the following -

1) the steps you take when you run the report, i.e.. options you pick on dialogs and if you preselect a Format file.

2) send me any .set file if you do preselect a format file. Looks like maybe tgl_comp.SET from the log file.

3) send me a small project (maybe just .wdp and 1 drawing if possible) that uses the attribute you added to the wda file

I can tell from the log file exactly where it errors but I can't tell exactly why yet and I am thinking it might be some specific setting in the .set file.

Pat Murnen
Principal Content Developer
Product Development – AutoCAD Product Line Group

Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost