AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

.wda File Question

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Hedivan
730 Views, 5 Replies

.wda File Question

Is there a default name that can be given to the User Defined Attribute List file (.wda) so the file does not have to have the same name as the project. I want to be able to use the same file for each project without having to rename the file to match the project. Similar to the way the Title block mapping file works (default_wdtitle.wdl).
Is this possible?
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
sven_kloeck
in reply to: Hedivan

found in the electrical help:
default.wda

Sven Kloeck
Electrical Network Design
Message 3 of 6

Can you place the default.wda in a central location so that it is relevant to all network users?

Message 4 of 6

Place it in your User folder.

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.
Message 5 of 6
flyFisher67
in reply to: Hedivan

Hi All,

I've been trying to use the method described above. It is working just fine on a project by project basis, but I have set up a default.WDA file to use for all projects and saved it on our network under USER but no results. Another post says to save this file at the base project location - where would that be?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Mike

Message 6 of 6
Nata_ly
in reply to: flyFisher67

Try to do next:

1. Put default.wdl and default.wda to your network.

2. Find all default.wdl and default.wda on you computer and rename they (ex. default1.wda)

3. Make sure there are no <projectname>.wdl and <projectname>.wda files too

4. Open Options in ACE and choose tab Files line Support File Search Path. Add there your path to the default.wda from network.

5. Repeat the same on all computers in your office to make them use this files from network

This works for sure with default.wdl and I hope could work with default.wda too.

If this files are only for your use - put they into Suport folder or any other folder but add the path.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost