AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

wd_xls_all_template.xls

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
flyFisher67
549 Views, 3 Replies

wd_xls_all_template.xls

Hi All,

I'm creating some blocks with some unique attributes and trying to get them to display in the .xls files generated by the 'export to spreadsheet' feature. While it is easy enough to achieve this using the user-defined attribute list, it seems as if all the extra attributes appear in the far right-hand columns of the spreadsheet. This is a little bit of a nuisance, and I was hoping to be able to modify the wd_xls_all_template.xls file and re-order the columns exactly as I would like to see them displayed. I have modified this .xls file (under C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Acade 2012\Support), but it does not seem to be having any affect on the generated .xls files - the extra attributes do not appear. I have AE set up to run on the network, but no matter where I save this .xls file, it doesn't seem to have any affect on the output file - the new attributes don't appear. Does anyone have any suggestions? Either a way to control the order that the attributes appear in the report using the .wda file method (user-defined attribute list), or where on earth to put the modified wd_xls_all_template.xls file so that it works.

Any help would be gratefully recieved.

Mike

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
metal_pro2
in reply to: flyFisher67

I did not even know that you could do that. I did some checking and noticed

that the file you saved should be ".XLT" not ".XLS". See if that makes a difference. Let me know how it works as I have use for doing it also.

As per the Help file

User-Defined Attributes and Export to Spreadsheet
to Spreadsheet TIP: Add the User-Defined Attribute names to the wd_xls_all_template.xlt worksheets to include these fields with the General export option. The default location for the spreadsheet template is C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Acade {version}\Support.

Message 3 of 4
flyFisher67

OK, Thanks. You are right, it should be an .xlt file. I now have it working from the default location, but when I move it to the network location for the support files, it doesn't work. I get an error when I try to export to spreadsheet saying that it can't find the file. I have added the path to the network support folder in the support file search path, but it is still trying to find it at the default location. I have even removed the default support file path from there. I wonder if there is something else I have to do to make AE look for that file in the network location?

Message 4 of 4
metal_pro2

I don't know for sure but I would imagine it's location needs to be set in the environment settings file

If you open your ".env" file I think in this part of the file you will need to add the correct path you have setup on your network. I haven't tried it myself but its worth investigating.

************************************************************************************

* Program executable, dialog, and support files ************************************************************************************

WD,%PF_DIR%/support/,AutoCAD Electrical dialog files, xls templates, and other support files

************************************************************************************

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost