AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

wd.env wd_pmenu problem help!!!!!

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
stanatgavan
609 Views, 9 Replies

wd.env wd_pmenu problem help!!!!!

I am trying to redirect the default panel layout icon menu, I have tried all I can think of this is thelast entry I made can anyone please post the correct syntax PLEASE!!!

WD_PMENU,C:/Documents and Settings/sshulenski/Application Data/Autodesk/AutoCAD Electrical 2009/R17.2/enu/Support/ACE_GAVAN_PANEL_MENU.DAT,to override default panel layout icon menu

Thanks,

Stan
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
cawaugh
in reply to: stanatgavan

Replace:
C:/Documents and Settings/sshulenski/Application Data/Autodesk/AutoCAD Electrical 2009/R17.2/enu/Support

With:
%DS_DIR%

I believe Acade is having a problem with spacing in the pathing.
See top of env file for more info.
Message 3 of 10
stanatgavan

I followed Above and still no good, there should be examples for each line of code to edit in the wd.env file!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Message 4 of 10
cawaugh

There is. It is at the top of the env file:
Notice the double quotes around the pathing as well if your are going to use pathing instead of the variables.
AutoCAD has had some issues with spaces in the pathing if not surrounded by double quotes. This may be just a windows thing but I follow it just in case.

* AutoCAD Electrical - project environment settings.
* Format is: env code,setting,description (separated by commas)
* The setting value, if a path, can be fully hard-coded or can include one
* of the following aliases:
* %PF_DIR% = base executable install folder
* (example: "c:\Program Files\Autodesk\Acade 2007\")
* (corresponds with global GBL_WD_BASEINSTALL)

* %DS_DIR% = base "Documents and Settings" folder
* (example: "c:\Documents and Settings\{username}\Application Data\Autodesk\AutoCAD Electrical 2007\R17.0\enu\Support\")
* (corresponds with global GBL_WD_DOCSETBASE)

* %WD_DIR% = base folder where "wd.env" is located
* (example: "c:\Documents and Settings\{username}\Application Data\Autodesk\AutoCAD Electrical 2007\R17.0\enu\Support\AeData\")
* (corresponds with global GBL_WD_DOCSETWDBASE)

* %SL_DIR% = base folder for "Libs" symbol library subfolder
* (example "c:\Program Files\Autodesk\Acade 2007\Libs\")
* (corresponds with global GBL_WD_BASELIBS)

* %ACAD_SUP_FIRST% = first path listed under ACAD support file path list
* %ACAD_SUP_LAST% = last path listed under ACAD support file path list
Message 5 of 10
stanatgavan

Ok heres is where I am at :WD_PMENU,"C:/Documents and Settings/sshulenski/Application Data/Autodesk/AutoCAD Electrical 2009/R17.2/enu/Support/ACE_GAVAN_PANEL_MENU.DAT",to override default panel layout icon menu

I have the whole path in quotes including the file name which is in caps (I Don't know if that matters?)

Then I went to the project settings and loaded the file exited the project reactivated and checked the settings and still no change I am missing something not sure what? I made sure to remove the star from the beginning of the code line.
Message 6 of 10
cawaugh

We use the below without a problem.
We also make sure the path is in the file support path in the options dialog (which it usually is by default).

WD_PMENU,%DS_DIR%/our_panel_icon_menu.dat

I'm not sure what else to tell you without looking at your PC.
Is there another env file that is being accessed instead of the one you are modifying?

We have also put "our" dat files elsewhere and pointed to those both in the env file and the options dialog.
We used the %ACAD_SUP_FIRST% variable in front of our dat file (WD_PMENU,ACAD_SUP_FIRST%/our_icon_menu.dat,override). You make sure in the options dialog "file support path" that your path is "FIRST" and this variable then works like a charm.
We do not put our midified files down with the MFG's files. We keep them in our own directory. Hope this helps!
Message 7 of 10
stanatgavan

I am attaching a copy of the file if everything is in order maybe there is something in the installation that is wrong although I used all the defaults when installing.
Message 8 of 10
cawaugh

The only difference I see is that we do not change the name of the dat files. We use wd_menu.dat for the main icon menu and wd_pmenu.dat for the panel. Maybe the naming of the file is goofing it up. We have the same file name but they are in a different directory so we can keep the MFG's in it's original form while modifying ours. This helps vendors who use our setup to go between our work and theirs. Maybe someone out there has another thought. Sorry!
Message 9 of 10
stanatgavan

I am such a dope!!!! the project properties override the env file in this case!!!

I went to project settings tab then to the icon menu files and clicked default an low and behold it defaulted to the directories defined in the env file.

I can now create new projects and all is well..

Thanks for your help

Stan
Message 10 of 10
cawaugh

My apologies. Our project properties and the env file have the same path name which is our own directory. I believe in the profile (arg file) this is set when we get ready to deploy the software. I didn't remember that piece until you brought it up. We set it and forget it. I'm glad you found the problem.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost